Position: Communications & Atlantic Region Coordinator
Location: Halifax, NS
Employment Type: Permanent, Full Time
EFC is seeking a driven, dynamic communications professional to help drive the association's brand presence in the electrical market, provide digital marketing and graphic support, as well as manage regional programs in EFC's Atlantic Region. Reporting to the VP, Marketing & Channel Development and working directly with EFC's Atlantic Region membership, this role will have a dual role:
- Lead the development of EFC's weekly e-newsletter (distributed in English and French), curate relevant industry news, monitor readership and engagement (open rate, click-thrus), and manage opt-ins and unsubscribes.
- Collaborate with translation agency to ensure French content is available for the weekly e-newsletter and all other national communications, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Support the development of promotional material, including graphic design, production and distribution.
- Lead the ongoing development of EFC's website, including design, functionality, and technical maintenance required to optimize visitor experiences.
- Marketing: lead the development and distribution of marketing plans to promote all programs and activities in the Atlantic Region, including email blasts, brochures and social media outreach.
- Event management: plan and deploy educational and networking events in the Atlantic Region, including webinars, annual golf tournament and industry receptions; develop online registration forms for regional events; secure sponsorship for events to support budgetary requirements.
- Tradeshow coordination: collaborate with other association partners to plan, market and deploy the MEET Show, the electrical industry's premier semi-annual tradeshow.
- Administration: lead and manage regional executive and committee meetings as well as task groups; prepare agendas, slide decks, meeting minutes and other necessary materials, as required, to facilitate successful meetings; manage the region's budget in collaboration with EFC's Controller and the regional executive.
- Program leadership: expand the industry's diversity and inclusion efforts by managing EFC's regional Women's Network, Young Professionals Networks, Schools Program and Scholarship Program.
Required qualifications: The successful candidate will have:
- 5-10 years of experience in a digital marketing & communications role, with event planning and administration experience.
- Degree or diploma in Communications, Marketing, Business Administration or equivalent
- Superior editing, verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, Planner) as well as experience using various digital marketing and event platforms (e.g. Photoshop, Zoom, Hootsuite, WordPress, MailChimp, ClickDimensions, Cvent, etc.).
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with team members, committee members and senior industry leaders.
- Ability to lead and manage meetings and task forces.
- Ability to multi-task and balance national and regional responsibilities.
- French proficiency is an asset
This is a work-from-home position, based in Halifax, Nova Scotia (EFC's national office is headquartered in Toronto)
A competitive employment package and compensation is commensurate with experience.
Access to a car with a valid driver's license is required. Some travel within the Maritimes and to other provinces is required.
If you have exceptional digital marketing and communications skills, are highly organized, and want to further develop your program management and administration skills within a progressive organization, then please apply!
Please forward your resume and with cover letter via email via Isarta with the subject line ?EFC Communications & Atlantic Region Coordinator Position?
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Electro-Federation Canada is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Accordingly, reasonable accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in relation to the materials or processes we use in the recruitment process.
About Electro-Federation Canada
Electro-Federation Canada (EFC) is a not-for-profit industry association that represents Canada's most innovative electrical manufacturers, distributors and sales agencies. Our community of members powers a changing world by providing the equipment to support the electrical grid, manufacturing automation, smart homes and intelligent buildings, the electrification of transportation...and much, much more! In addition to supporting this innovative market, EFC also shapes our employees' experiences by providing engagement and development opportunities to grow, lead and help drive innovation for the Canadian electrical market.
For a second year-in-a-row, EFC has been certified a Great Place to Work, demonstrating our strong commitment to creating a positive company culture and supporting employee experiences.
Join our team and become part of Canada's growing electrical industry!
Follow us on our journey and discover how you can help support this community of innovators. Explore how this industry powers a changing world: view video.
The Electrical industry is at the forefront of driving innovation and has established a solid footprint in Canada:
Economic Growth: EFC member companies jointly contribute over $10 billion to the Canadian economy and employ over 43,000 workers in more than 1,300 facilities across the country.
Environmental Impact: Our industry's electrical products are essential in homes, office buildings, factories and other infrastructure. Our energy-efficient and sustainable solutions, such as LED lighting, sensors, controls, transformers and electric heaters, allow Canadians to be more environmentally-conscious and reduce their energy footprint at home, work and play.
Social Responsibility: Our members have contributed over $500k to Habitat for Humanity to help families build stability and independence through affordable homeownership. Our industry has also invested $1.5 million in scholarship funding, providing Canadian post-secondary students with a jump-start on their academic learning.
Learn more at www.electrofed.com