Job title :ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Facility :KOOTENAY BNDRY RGNL HSPTL
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Interior Health is looking for an experienced, highly efficient and self-directed permanent full time Administrative Assistant to support the Mental Health & Substance Use team at the Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital in beautiful Trail, B.C.
The Administrative Assistant works in a team environment to provide confidential administrative support functions to the Director for the department or program and other management staff as required. The Administrative Assistant serves as a vital linkage and communication source to keep the department or program informed and aligned to its priorities and supports the Director in setting the positive, collaborative, efficient tone for the department or program.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Discusses inquiries for information with a variety of internal and external contacts in order to obtain and disclose information. Answers routine inquiries and complaints by determining the nature of the issues and provides information directly or through correspondence.
2. Initiates follow-up processes with staff and others. Resolves day-to-day problems as required, evaluates operating procedures, and advises management as necessary. Drafts correspondence/ reports as requested. Prepares spreadsheets, graphs, flow charts, and statistics as required.
3. Provides general administrative support by:
- opening and screening daily mail
- acknowledging letters and composing correspondence for signature
- providing supporting information where required
- proofing mailings for spelling, grammar, and clear understanding
- preparing and typing correspondence, memoranda, minutes, confidential reports, and other documents
- responding to administrative requests and inquiries
- protecting the security of confidential information by maintaining private files and typing private correspondence.
4. Provides assistance on projects by collecting data requiring the evaluation and determination of available sources. Assembles and edits reports in an appropriate format.
5. Coordinates meeting schedules and calendars for the Director by prioritizing and arranging appointments and canceling and/or rescheduling meetings as required, ensuring that schedules are manageable.
6. Coordinates all administrative logistics for meetings, events, education sessions, workshops, video conferences, and teleconferences including appropriate space, equipment, and materials.
7. Arranges travel and accommodation by booking and confirming flights, vehicles, and hotel reservations
8. Attends and acts as a recorder for confidential meetings such as management meetings. Transcribes minutes and distributes accordingly. Follows up on action items as required, prepares agendas, and circulates necessary materials for meetings.
9. Supports the Director in completing the required documentation associated with Human Resources including: on staff and change notices, payroll removal forms, payroll queries, and travel reimbursements.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package may include vacation, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of the Interior Health (IH) team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work while maintaining a balanced lifestyle. Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Come and join our team....Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
- Diploma and graduation from a recognized secretarial program.
- Three to five years of recent, related experience including experience working with various computer software programs.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize workload and set priorities.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to type 50 wpm and set up letters, reports, etc. in a professional format.
- Knowledge of applicable computer hardware and software programs and the ability to perform web based searches.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.