Serve as voice of the brand to Canadian consumers across Estee Lauder & Bobbi Brown cluster and retailer consumer online social media communities. Focus on a marketing, pr and social platform such as paid amplification, online & traditional media plus social opportunities. Act as a key conduit to driving our PR & digital and media high touch service while maintaining Estee Lauders always different positioning. Be a seamless extension to PR and Social Associate and Director of Communications, plus supports marketing teams.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
1) Public Relations
- Responsible for managing daily coverage monitoring, clipping, and media placement reports. (social & traditional media)
- Develop key reports: monthly, yearly & hero product launch PR reports.
- Daily update of the PR & social media tracker (MRP, Cision)
- Develop and manage media contact databases and create media lists that demonstrate a solid understanding of the media & influencer.
- Supports Press office: assemble & update press materials, press kits and product shipments, respond in a timely and professional manner to influencer & media requests or needs or product pricing. Prepare translation into French for all press materials. Prepare press drops and ship key products for themed related stories.
- Works closely with PR social media associate to process this process invoices and accounting files. (SAP, Passport, Marketing deck)
- Keep abreast of the Canadian landscape media & influencer industry, competition and coverage. Report in any changes and flag with the team.
- Manage in-house inventory
- Regularly identify new opportunities & idea's for partnerships
- Proactively contribute ideas to projects
- Co-ordinate any T&E (travel and entertainment) requirements
- Co-ordinate any prizing opportunities and giveaways within traditional & social media
2) Social Media
- Accurately upload/schedule/post assets for marketing media agency purposes, including photos and videos, with corresponding copy (Sprinkler) on all social platforms (Instagram/Facebook/TT) working with regional and global social teams.
- Own the content cadence creation to support the paid media tactical plan across multiple platforms, leading the localization of assets including but not limited to: French copy translations, sourcing assets on the creative portals, leveraging NA CE Creative to streamline processes, and uploading to brand smartsheet with the support of the brand marketing manager
- Design and retouch social posts, plus make modifications to existing creative, as needed.
- Conceptualize, produce and execute multiple creative outputs per day across all social platforms (including, but not limited to, standard posts, re-cuts of how-to videos, motion-graphics videos, animated GIFs, cinemagraphs, etc.) for media agency posting. Shoot any required imagery, including styling and art directing.
- Understand how to leverage the brand's owned social assets and social influencer UCG to create the right disruption for the brand(s) that will engage consumers and help position the brand top of mind for purchase intent.
- Collaborate with cross-functional digital/social teams on all content, guided by overall brand and business objectives.
- Consider e-commerce and .ca in all social media partnerships to drive grown to .ca
- Fully respond to questions, comments and related opportunities with speed and judgement. Escalate questions/issues to consumer communications and/or legal as needed.
- On an everyday basis, identify issues, patterns and trends in consumer comments/inquiries and funnel information to the appropriate departments:
- New ideas to product development
- Messaging effectiveness to local/regional marketing organizations
- Frequently asked questions
- User-generated content to marketing/creative
- Generate metrics reports using standardized tools and craft analyses based on the data; assist in developing related recommendations.
- Create a weekly summary of social activities to share with the overall business
- Stay up-to-date on new social media tools and best practices; monitor competitors and other social media leaders to see how they are using
- them, so the company can continue to be an early adopter of these technologies
- Demonstrate 24/7 approach to responsibilities
- Support PR/Social Media Associate
- Communications Director in the development and delivery of Estee Lauders social influencer strategy to complement launch programs and always on campaigns
- Ensure a seamless integration and execution of the brand's multi-tiered influencer strategies with overall communications and marketing efforts
- Identify trends through monitoring influencer engagement and competitive analysis, and proactively manage the brand's influencer funnel to constantly refresh with micro/emerging, authentic social advocates for Estee Lauder
- Utilize available social listening tools/platforms to measure influencer activity against band KPIs
- Manage relationships with 3rd party social media
- Takes initiative to build media / press stories around Estee Lauder, AERIN & Bobbi Brown
- Excellent computer skills (Internet searches, Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and comfortable creating multiple page PDFs)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task/ adapt in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Strong attention to detail, excellent follow-up a must
- An understanding of social media, blogs, websites, magazines, newspapers, television, etc as they relate to -Style, Fashion, Beauty and Culture an asset
- Bilingual in French an asset
- Must be able to use a MAC computer
Job: Communications / Public Relations
Primary Location: Americas-CA-ON-Toronto
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Job Number: 2315006
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.