HIV Community Link Society is an organization delivering services throughout Southeastern Alberta. As a non-profit organization we help people to learn about, prevent, and live with HIV and hepatitis C (HCV).
We offer a fun and energetic environment that provides opportunities for you to utilize your talents and develop new skills. HIV Community Link Society is committed to employment equity.
Events & Communications Coordinator
- Summer Position
At HIV Community Link, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people
want to come, to stay and do their best work. Diversity is more than a commitment at HIV Community
Link-it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity
of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and any other difference that
makes us all unique. We encourage people living with HIV, visible minorities, those with lived experience,
and persons with culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
We are seeking a full-time Events & Communications Coordinator. This is a full-time position (35 hours a
week) for 10 weeks. A flexible schedule including day, evening, and weekend availability will be required.
This position is funded through the Government of Canada's Summer Jobs 2021 Program. The successful
candidate must meet the program's eligibility criteria.
This position will be an integral member of the Community Relations team, contributing to the successful
delivery of events and communications. This will specifically include our key annual event, the AIDS Walk,
by following the critical path to ensure successful execution; recruitment and placement of volunteers;
contacting suppliers, entertainers, walk participants and donors; coordinating food/beverage, venue and
route planning; direct marketing; attending committee meetings; data entry; and other duties as
Event Support: ?
- Assist with delivery of the AIDS Walk, other planned events and third-party activities ?
- Following a critical path of events to ensure successful execution ?
- Assist with research and development of event participants (including but not limited to telephonecalling and written communication to provide encouragement and appropriate information withregards to fundraising) ?
- Provide assistance in contacting suppliers and donors for contributions to the event ?
- Support the coordination and planning of food/beverage, venue, site, routes, ceremonies, and entertainment for various events ?
- Assist with volunteer recruitment, administration and placement ?
- Attendance at event specific meetings and support on event days
- Facilitates the successful dissemination of messaging through appropriate channels (e.g. blogs,
- social media, newsletters, etc.) ?
- Support direct marketing efforts and dispersing of promotional materials ?
- Monitor internal activities, community events and external media channels for information
- relevant to the organization, on a regular basis ?
- Provision of data entry as required ?
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Key Competencies: ?
- Detail oriented with a high degree of professionalism ?
- Ability to work in fast paced, ever changing environment ?
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills ?
- Ability to follow direction and have critical thinking skills ?
- Strong relationship and planning skills ?
- Demonstrate creative thinking ?
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) and data management tools ?
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, sex work, harm reduction, and related issues would be considered an
- asset ?
- Working experience in a non-profit environment within the field of special event or fundraising is
- preferred ?
- A valid driving license and access to a reliable vehicle would be an asset
- To meet the funder requirements for this position, all applicants must meet the following criteria: ?
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment; ?
- be legally entitled to work and study in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial
- legislation and regulations
This wage for this position is $16 per hour, plus 6% vacation pay.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and any other relevant material to support your application.
You must be available for in-person/online interviews. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for
their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.