The Winnipeg Football Club is adding to the team with a new role as Community Relations and Marketing Manager; you will own the execution of key marketing campaigns and community initiatives for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and Valour FC. This unique role will also see you work with our Ticketing department to create campaigns for seasons and single game tickets for both Blue Bombers and Valour FC.
What you will do:
- Be the point person community initiatives by helping organize and promote both the Blue Bombers and Valour FC in the community by drafting press releases and reaching out to media outlets regarding community-led events, fundraising campaigns, in-game activations, school and community visits.
- Develop ongoing communication for season ticket members and single game ticket buyers for our ticketing department.
- Track project and measure the performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Collaborate with creative and account teams through all stages of projects to ensure an effective and polished final product.
- Create, organize, and execute enter-to-win contests including procurement of prizes, communicating to the winners, promoting the contest via email, website, and social, and managing and enter-to-win tracking document.
- Manage and prioritize tasks and requests from external departments in an effort to create better efficiency, process improvement, and adherence to departmental goals and objectives.
- Minimum 3-5 years of marketing, communications or project management experience, with a passion for sports
- Effective communication skills, including ability to write reports, business correspondence and effectively present information to a wide variety of audiences
- Strong planning skills with the ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities
- Nurture, develop, and maintain strong relationships with key community stakeholders
- Willingness and ability to work non-traditional hours (weekends, evenings, holidays) on game and match days.
- Strategic and critical thinker who is dynamic, forward thinking, extremely analytical and well organized
- Ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion with regard to interpersonal relationships
- Self-confident, resilient and possess a high energy level and enthusiasm
- Gives and welcomes feedback; puts interests of team above own interests