We pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service in the form of business solutions. We are looking for a dynamic person to join our team as a Material Handler / Counter person.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent the Profit Centre in a professional manner
- Uphold our Core Values and Ethics with every interaction
- Build long lasting, loyal and profitable customers
- Take initiative, be persuasive by using excellent communication and selling skills
- Know the products they are selling
- Be an effective part of the team at the Profit Centre
- Process sales orders and turn quotations into orders though customer interactions, over the phone and in person.
- Grow and retain established customer base, develop new customer base using outbound calling campaigns.
- Meet or exceed the Profit Centre's gross profit and sales targets.
- Interact and assist customers who come to the Profit Centre to pick up orders.
- Investigate and resolve customer issues such as pricing deductions and product returns.
- Expedite customer material with vendors when required.
- Follow up with customers on quotes and outstanding orders.
- Assist in shipping or warehouse requirements as needed
- Be an integral part of the team supporting all activities that occur at the Profit Centre.
- Uphold Emco Core Values at all times.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as requested by Profit Centre Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Outstanding customer service and telephone skills.
- Comprehensive product and product application knowledge
- Able to prospect new customers and increase sales with existing accounts
- High level of detail orientation and organizational abilities; must be able to multitask and balance many different deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to build and maintain strong working relationships with customers, vendors and teammates
- Identify customer requirements and provide profitable solutions and close the sale
- Able to learn and operate the applicable software system (Trend) used to process orders
- Intermediate math skills
- Willing to invest a minimum of 40 hours in training annually
- Read and write in English
- Forklift Certification an asset but can be acquired on the job.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma
- 1+ years' experience in customer service or warehousing
- Some knowledge of products sold at the Profit Centre
- Use of the Microsoft Office software
- Must successfully complete our hiring protocol
Lifting Occasionally, up to 80 lbs
Carrying Occasionally, up to 80 lbs
Pushing/Pulling Occasionally, up to 100 lbs
Emco is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a barrier free workplace where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. We welcome all applications to ensure we have an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and communities in which we live and serve. Should you require an accommodation as part of the recruitment process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.