A temporary part time Communication Clerk opportunity is available in the Emergency Department of Groves Memorial Community Hospital.
This position is unionized with Unifor, Local 1106.
This position is responsible for facilitating effective communication and providing reception and clerical support to the Emergency Department including:
- Electronic Registration/Admission/Discharge/Transfer of Emergency Department patients
- Assessing medical records
- Reporting requirements on provincial web based programs
- Responding to patient and health care team requests by phone and in person
- Word processing
- Processing physician orders
- Chart assembly, filing, requisition completion, form photocopying
- Arranging tests/procedures and transportation
- Maintaining clerical supplies in the department
- Answering dispatch phones, organizing Criticall
- Medical terminology course required
- Medical Office Administration Certificate (or related program) preferred
- Skilled in computer applications including Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Meditech programs (ADT and Order Entry an asset)
- Excellent clerical proficiency
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management expertise to cope in a challenging and often stressful environment
- Documented dependability (excellent attendance record)
Hours of Work: As per department schedule including shift work and weekend rotation
Salary: As per Unifor Clerical salary grid
Interested applicants please submit your cover letter and resume on BambooHR at the following link: https://whca.bamboohr.com/jobs/.
INTERNAL applicants please apply with your work email address.
EXTERNAL applicants are considered only after the internal posting process has been completed. Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Groves Memorial Community Hospital strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.
Groves Memorial Community Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a safe, healthy and respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment.