The Business Development Representative (BDR) contributes to Staples success by connecting potential customers with the right Staples platform to meet and or solve their business needs. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to significantly impact the growth and development of our lead generation team and will work closely with Sales peers, Operations and Marketing to ensure the success of the program. The BDR's are responsible for prospecting, qualifying, selling and driving new business into the top of the sales funnel. This team has a large effect on Staples bottom line: executing at the top of the funnel is what drives revenue out of the bottom by ensuring we are hitting and exhausting the best quality leads. The BDR will at times sell membership programs to our smaller business customers on staples.com while routing our medium to large qualified leads to Staples Business Advantage as appropriate.
- You know that selling is strategic. Every conversation is different, you think dynamically and remain calm under pressure
- You believe the best process is derived through experimentation and iteration, and you are never satisfied. When you believe in the product you are selling, you are excited to share it with the world
- You view challenges as opportunities and look forward to the challenge of bringing SBA to new markets and verticals. You're relentless and you know the only way to handle rejection is to try again
- Cold calling and cold emailing prospects as necessary
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Qualifying, converting or closing Large Quantity Orders (LQO) prospects
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Process lead lists down the Staples lead funnel ensuring the most qualified leads hit sales
- Qualify and Sell the Staples Plus Membership Program
- Responsible for setting meetings as necessary for the outside sales team
- Own our inbound channels, such as live web chat and incoming calls
- Research prospects on LinkedIn and other relevant internal databases
- Add prospects to marketing campaigns and contribute to our overall lead creation goals
- Meet daily, weekly and monthly Sales Qualified Lead (SQL) Conversions and Wins
- Sales experience is an asset.
- Strong individual motivation and ability to multi-task.
- Comfortable and competent having conversations via phone, email or chat
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Minimum 1 year of blended customer service and sales experience in a Call Centre environment is preferable
- Ability to produce results on a day-to-day basis.
- Ability to overcome multiple objections in the course of a call.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to persuade others and problem solve
- Eager to learn from experienced sales professionals and grow a career in sales
- Experience using a Computer, Excel and Outlook
- High school diploma or GED
What We Would Prefer, But Not Required:
- Experience selling over the phone
Benefits: Here's why we are a great place to work!
- Room for professional development and advancement
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance and RRSP's
- Guaranteed salary base
- with no variable compensation
- Flexible hours
- Personal time
- Associate discounts
- Team Building Activities
- Exciting and fun culture
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants' needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Staples is an equal opportunity employer and an accommodation will be provided during the hiring process if requested.