Whistler Blackcomb's Mission Statement is ?Experience of a Lifetime? Love what you do! Because that's what we're all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don't miss the chance to work and play in BC's winter wonderland. If you sound like our ideal applicant please apply online and show us what you've got. #wbworklove
Guest Communications Coordinator
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Develop communication plans to promote various lines of business within the resort including but not excluded to: mountain dining, on-mountain activities and events.
- Provide editorial updates for the website on an as needed basis to ensure operations updates and resort information is correct.
- Identify opportunities to improve the guest experience through analysis of guest feedback data and customer insights.
- Promote and advertise events and activities on mountain through daily social media posts, website editorial and various other communication channels.
- Highlight essential information for guests by producing editorial to be included in marketing emails and published on the Whistler Blackcomb website and blog.
- Drive visits by giving on-time, accurate weather and snow information to guests and staff through identified communication channels.
- Develop and compile Whistler Blackcomb's daily snow and weather communications (snowphone, TOM, website snow report, and on-line website updates) including: messaging, composition, recording, and results tracking.
- Continually track and review guest level of satisfaction of weather/snow communication, striving for continual improvement.
- Develop operational updates for internal staff on an as needed basis.
- Create operational updates for local tourist agents and respond to inquiries.
- Social media monitoring and engagement on all channels as needed.
- Represent and promote Whistler Blackcomb at local tourism focused events such as Inside Scoop.
- Manage the general Guest Communications inbox and respond to guest inquiries.
- Head out on the slopes at least once a week to know conditions first hand!
- To continually strive to exceed guest expectations.
- Demonstrate our core values: Be Safe, Do Good, Do Right, Service Others, Drive Value and Have Fun
- Exceptional Service Skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Effective conflict resolution skills. Proven strength in problem solving and an ability to make decisions
- Ability to plan and execute projects with minimum supervision
- Advanced spreadsheet (excel) skills
- Statistics course or background
- Familiarity with Whistler and Blackcomb mountains
- Knowledge of Guest Services division an asset
- Knowledge of social media channels and ability to speak to Whistler Blackcomb's audience in that medium.
- Must enjoying skiing or riding and understand the importance of accurate snow/weather/operations information for guests.
- Pleasant, clearly audible telephone voice; experience or education in broadcasting/voice-recording an asset.
- Confident, outgoing nature with a proven ability to quickly develop rapport with contacts.
- Some experience in communications preferred, along with a genuine interest in developing within this field. Experience within the mountain resort industry is a definite asset.
Reports to: Guest Communications Supervisor
We're looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Employment Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.