Location: Edmonton, AB TransCold Distribution is the premier wholesale supplier and distributor of ice cream and frozen goods throughout Western Canada and the United States. Headquartered on Annacis Island, Delta, BC, we have 14 locations and 240+ employees. TransCold provides exclusive access to the most recognized and popular brands in the world with industry best product variety and customer service. We deliver to Major Grocery, Drug, Gas & Convenience, chain retailers and independent retailers across Western North American markets through Direct to Store Delivery (DSD), and Warehouse Fulfillment, and provide services for mobile vendors, corporate events and third-party logistics (3PL) customers.
With over 200 employees, TransCold is growing rapidly and looking for talents. We are seeking a full-time Outside Sales Representative to join our Sales team. Reporting to the Sales Manager, this role will be responsible for the following:
- Achieve sales targets for assigned territory by growing existing accounts and by actively selling the TCD program to potential new customers.
- Maximize sales through promoting the full product line-up.
- Contribute to the overall development of the company's sales strategy, sales tools and best practices.
- Effectively communicate with Route Drivers within the territory.
- Keep customer account information up to date at all times and report any changes at accounts (ownership, name, contact, trade spend accounts).
- Ensure all customers adhere to their payment terms with TCD upon every purchase.
- Participate effectively in meetings to resolve issues and acquire updates on new products, pricing and product promotions.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Post-secondary education or equivalent
- 3-5 years' field sales experience and a track record of meeting sales targets
- Food industry sales experience an asset
- Exceptional sales skills and customer service oriented
- Goal oriented self-starter with high energy level and competitive spirit
- Valid Driver's License with a clean driver's abstract
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and CRM systems
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Perks offered for this role include company car, fuel card, ipad/laptop and cellphone along with a generous benefits plan and RRSP matching contribution program.
To be considered for the above opportunity, we invite you to send a cover letter and an up-to-date resume