Faculty/Department Information Services Unit IS-Communication Infrastructure Employee Group URFA APT Collective Agreement Consideration Open with preference given to APT members. CUPE 5791 Job Family Category Staff Number of Vacancies 1 Position Summary
As an integral part of the University of Regina, Information Services provides the technological infrastructure to support the work of students and University employees. Information Services facilitates learning, teaching, research and effective university administration through knowledgeable and engaged staff who deliver service and technology on an on-going basis throughout the organization.
Reporting to the Director, Communications and Infrastructure, the incumbent will lead a team to operate the University's networks, phone services, and print/authentication/network servers.
- Ensure reliable operation of services through monitoring, log review, and preventative maintenance.
- Oversee strategic direction of data networks, print services, phone services, authentication services and ensure overall interoperability through an efficient and cost-effective architecture.
- Analyse/troubleshoot Tier 3 problems escalated by staff.
- Supervise staff to meet unit goals.
- Plan and implement complex projects.
- Manage the Universities campus network, CATV, and fiber optic cable plants. Manage the off campus fiber optic cable to the College Avenue campus and Internet connection point.
- Consult with UofR staff to understand service requirements and recommend solutions.
- Liaise with FM for network/phone/CATV requirements for larger renovations.
- Represent the Department and University on the Saskatchewan Research Network (SR#Net) technical committee and elsewhere as needed.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with 7 years of experience in a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent knowledge of computer and wireless network systems and design.
- Good knowledge of Linux computer administration and phone systems.
- Proven ability to program in common languages and environments (e.g. Perl, Unix shell scripting) for automation and monitoring of systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships throughout the University.
- Effective project leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff and be a collaborative and collegial leader.
- Experience managing and initiating change, preferably in a University environment.
- Knowledge of UofR computing systems and practices would be an asset.
- The ability to work occasional flex time as required to respond to service affecting incidents outside of normal business hours when necessary.
Physical Demands Pay Grade APT 10 Salary Range $92,865 - $125,345 Annually Status Permanent Work Hours
As per APT Collective Agreement Duration (if Term/Temporary) Full-Time/Part-Time Full Time Preference Posting Target Posting