A PURPOSE DRIVEN CAREER
Spend your days making a difference, not just working for a living. At Galvanize, we help our thousands of customers in countries all over the world make a direct impact every day. We do that by creating security, risk management, compliance, and audit software that uncovers fraud, waste, and abuse in their organizations.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, with an award-winning culture, we've grown to include ten global offices. We work with the best customers and coworkers, tackling strategic business challenges and building awesome careers. Our Values are Customer Intensity, Embracing Ambiguity, and Authenticity, and they influence everything we do.
As our Corporate Communications Manager you'll work closely with our executive team, human resources, marketing, sales, and a number of other global teams, to propel our strategy and elevate both our corporate and employer brand. You're a strategic communications professional with a solid background in public and media relations-preferably with agency background. Developing an integrated, global communications strategy is not only second nature, it's your passion. You know that a solid plan ties back to the company's overall objectives and, when done right, makes a serious impact.
- An excellent writer with a keen eye for detail.
- Able to distill complex messaging into easily consumable soundbites.
- Always asking ?Why??, ?What's the purpose??, ?Who are we talking to??
- A lifelong learner, able to become a subject matter expert no matter the topic complexity.
- A documentation-loving process nerd.
- A natural collaborator and coordinator who can ?herd cats? to get the answers you need, when you need them.
- A self-motivated doer. You don't wait for someone to tell you what to do. You just do it.
- Amazing at juggling multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Owning and executing on our global corporate communications strategy to drive business outcomes.
- Developing quarterly communication plans that outline strategic objectives and tactical goals.
- Writing and managing all corporate and employer-brand press releases.
- Managing day-to-day public relations and communications operations, including managing public relations agencies.
- Monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on communication metrics monthly.
- Tracking and acting on industry news and trends.
- Developing and maintaining key relationships with influencers, business, technology, and governance, risk management, and compliance media contacts.
- Working with a wide range of people and teams to develop messaging and talking points, complete and submit awards applications, and find new ways to increase our exposure.
- Identifying, developing, and coaching internal spokespeople and developing processes and programs that create brand ambassadors.
- Working closely with the other members of the marketing team to develop and pitch compelling bylines, op-eds, and contributed articles.
- Assessing and helping to reshape and improve internal communications strategies.
- An educational background in communications, journalism, and/or public relations.
- 5 to 7 years' relevant experience, including managing teams and agencies
- Practice in internal communications, preferably in an agency environment and/or at software as a service (SaaS) companies.
- Practice in the field of diversity and inclusion, sustainability or social purpose is an asset.
- Existing contacts within the technology/SaaS/business media space will be highly regarded.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE
- You'll tackle unique challenges and face the unknown often, supported by an amazing team who really want you to succeed.
- Your growth opportunities are endless. From professional development to job shadowing, we'll work with you to make your career goals happen.
- You'll become part of a greater community. We believe in mentorship, supporting students to explore opportunities in STEM, and many other important causes.
- You'll be paid well and enjoy great benefits, onsite gym and other perks to keep your mind and body healthy, paid days off to volunteer in your community, relocation opportunities to our international offices and more.
- We are embracing remote work and are open to candidates based anywhere in Canada for this position.
READY TO APPLY?
Thanks for your interest! Apply at wegalvanize.com/careers
We invite you to check us out on wegalvanize.com, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
Galvanize welcomes applications from all candidates who meet our job requirements. Galvanize does not discriminate based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, disability, genetic characteristics or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended.