In 1954, an enterprising salesman named Ray Kroc discovered a small burger restaurant in California, and wrote the first page of McDonald's® history. In 1967, the first McDonald's Canada opened in Richmond, B.C. and we've been growing with our communities and serving quality food at great a value ever since. Today, McDonald's Canada is proud to be one of the world's leading foodservice retailers. From coast to coast, we serve delicious choices to more than 2.5 million people in over 1,400 locations every day. We're also more than just your local restaurant. We're hardworking small-business men and women, students working part-time, seniors getting the most out of life, and volunteers lending time to make a difference in the communities we live and work in.
We currently have an opening for a 1 year contract in the Calgary Regional Office for the position of Marketing & Community Relations Coordinator.
The Marketing & Community Relations Coordinator plays an integral role in executing local restaurant marketing activities and building the McDonald's brand image by representing and developing relationships within the community. We are looking for someone with an energetic can-do attitude, as well as customer service skills and strong administrative skills. This individual needs to be a business professional and enjoy working with senior leadership. This position requires dynamic calendaring and time management skills. It also requires excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, and requires the ability to engage with team members at all levels of the organization.
In addition to following McDonald's policies and procedures, principle accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perfect execution of national and regional calendar promotions
- Coordination and activation of restaurant grand openings and competitive action plans
- Support the family and guest experience in restaurant
- McDonald's representative within the community
- Coordination of community Events, sponsorships, donations, etc.
- Enhance national and market wide community marketing programs as needed/requested
- Representative of RMHC in their community, including McHappy Day coordination
- Providing administrative support to other members of the team including but not limited to Operations, Facilities, Deployment, Field Service and our Regional Director
- Preparation of background information for projects and assignments
- Assist and coordinate special business projects as assigned
- Preparation and proofing of all business related communication
- Updating and creating Excel spreadsheets, Word documents and PowerPoint slides
- Preparing, editing & printing communication memos, reports and other information as required
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- 2-5 years Marketing and/or Events and/or PR/Communications experience is highly recommended
- Customer service/QSR related experience an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong decision making skills
- Excels in time management and has day/hours flexibility
- The ability to work in a high pressure environment, while still maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Email, Excel, Power Point, Publisher and the ability to adapt to new software programs
- The ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a cross-functional team
- Dedicated self-starter who can work independently taking initiative on appropriate tasks
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with the ability to adjust quickly to change and ambiguity
- Strong attention to detail and timelines
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information
- We place the guest experience at the core of all we do
- We are committed to our people
- We believe in the McDonald's system
- We operate our business ethically
- We give back to our communities and our guests
- We grow our business profitably
- If you wish to pursue this opportunity, please send a detailed cover letter and resume to Alison Embury at via Isarta
- Thank you to all that apply, however only successful candidates will be contacted.