We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Red River College provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If an applicant requires accommodation during the application or interview process, Human Resource Services will work with the applicant to meet accommodation needs.
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit rrc.ca/hr
2055 Notre Dame Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3H0J9
Instructor, Business Programs (Term)
Applicants are to clearly demonstrate how they satisfy the selection criteria in their written
submissions and must identify the competition number they are applying for in the subject line of
An eligibility list may be created for similar casual, part-time, full-time, and term positions
Red River College, Portage Campus requires a classroom instructor for teaching, supervision and
guidance of students in both classroom and practicum settings.
This will include:
- preparing course outlines, maintaining student records, student evaluations, development and adherence to the delivery schedule within an allocated time, attendance at scheduled meetings, ensuring curriculum content is
- consistent with parent program, and student assignments reflect industry needs.
- Courses to be filled may include but are not limited to Project Management, Workplace Safety and Health, Introduction to Canadian Business, and Business Communication.
- Relevant Business degree. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Ability to instruct business related courses with relevant industry experience to draw from
- Significant classroom experience, related to providing instruction, assistance and assessments
- Experience interacting with a group utilizing an on-line conferencing medium, preference will be given to candidates that have experience with conducting learning on-line
- Exceptional verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective leadership skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Values Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Experience developing curriculum and instructing at a post-secondary level
- Experience developing and instructing distance delivered courses including on-line and alternate channels
- Experience training others in business related topics
- Certificate in Adult Education (CAE)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- This position may be required to work evenings and/or weekends
July 16, 2020
- 46.13 hourly*
Portage la Prairie Campus
(90km outside of Winnipeg, MB)
Part-Time, Term Position Available
Anticipated August 31, 2020 up to December
Possibility of an Extension
Red River College is a leader in applied learning and innovation.
Our talented team of employees is passionate about education, innovation, and student success. We offer competitive salaries, extensive benefits, and the opportunity for personal and professional growth in a rewarding career. We seek diversity in our workplace, Indigenous persons, women, visible minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.