Purdys Chocolatier is delighted to have been voted by our employees as one of the Canada's Best Employers. This esteemed award is a testament to the rich texture of our history and our more than 100 years of dedication to quality, trust, tradition, and innovation.
The Purdys difference is that we truly recognize the value of our people. We reward you with competitive compensation, recognition for your achievements, opportunities for ongoing training to grow professionally and personally, delicious perks, and much, much more.
Are you passionate about sales? Do you believe in creating compelling digital customer experiences? Do you love analytics and finding ways to generate digital sales?
We are seeking an experienced digital sales leader with the skills, creativity and drive to lead the growth of our direct sales channels
- Purdys.com, Group & Fundraising, and Business Gifting. The role encompasses vision and strategy, as well as tactical execution and technical knowledge. Reporting to the Vice President, Sales & Marketing, the Director of Digital & Direct Sales role has full P/L responsibility for the digital and direct sales channels and will partner with key internal teams to deliver a seamless brand and customer experience, specifically this includes overseeing the activation and optimization of the onsite shopping experience.
- Develops and delivers an overall digital and direct sales strategy, partnering with a range of internal departments to enhance the online customer experience and maximize site usability, performance and ROI.
- Complete P/L responsibility including bottom line expectations, top line sales and inputs to the budget from support functions.
- Proven leadership experience in direct-to-consumer and B2B online channels, ideally in a comparable premier retail environment. Perishable good experience an asset.
- Understand online customer behaviour and optimizing solutions to serve the customer at all touchpoints
- Be obsessed with site metrics and scorecards
- constantly analyze and distribute reports on site performance. Utilize these metrics and KPIs to effect change and improvement inside the organization.
- Be current with industry best practices for web/mobile ecomm features and functionality
- Oversee strategies around acquisition, digital (SEM, paid search, PPC, etc.)
- Collaborate with Marketing and Retail to develop a robust plans to support new product launches
- Measure the efficacy of programs through testing and adapting to promote growth in all channels
- Oversee the site content and product ?go-live? schedule to ensure that products are activated in a timely manner, maximizing selling time on site product. Activation process, which includes ensuring products are strategically categorized for maximized selling exposure, and accurately filtered.
- Work cross functionally with 3rd party vendors
- Familiarly with web UI/UX best practices Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree and/or minimum of 5 years' experience in digital retail, specifically content management, site merchandising, and product photography and team leadership
- Knowledge of best practices in all areas of Ecommerce including customer experience, catalog management, product merchandising, shopping cart and checkout, order management, Google analytics, search and guided navigation, SEO, personalization.
- Experience leading an outbound, direct sales (i.e. call center) team is an asset
- Drive the successful implementation of Purdys' strategy to grow sales and profitability
- Build strong internal working relationships at all management levels
- Proven leadership P/L responsibility
- Experience with developing strong digital merchandising and operational teams that focused on the customer through insights, research and analytics
- Proven results in developing and executing various business strategies
- Success with expansive growth
- Experience developing sales in a multi-sales channel environment (within long established retail bricks and mortar)
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement practices
- High degree of organization, planning, and multi-tasking skills. Proven presentation and written communication skills
- Shares the credit for wins with the team
- A real ?doer? and has a ?roll up the sleeves? style Purdys Chocolatier recognizes the value of skills and knowledge gained outside of formal education and paid employment. Applicants who present an equivalent combination of qualifications and experience will be considered and are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in Purdys Chocolatier, but due to the volume of applications received, we are only able to contact those applicants who have been selected for an interview. No phone calls please.
Purdys Chocolatier is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us via email at