LGM Financial Services Inc. (?LGM?) is ranked one of Canada's Best Managed Companies by Deloitte and has been rated one of Canada's Best Employers. Our Purpose is to Accelerate Responsible Mobility for All.
LGM is a national leader in providing warranty, finance and insurance services to the Canadian automotive industry. LGM brings innovation, quality, service and profitability to its dealer partners through a full suite of products and services distributed in a cutting-edge, ethical and transparent manner. LGM is a known to be the leader in service, a partner in profitability, and an innovator that aspires to create a positive impact on people, communities and the environment. LGM's products and services include: extended warranty, creditor insurance, wear protection, vehicle loss/loyalty programs, sales training, lending solutions, and information management services. Its programs are branded by leading Canadian automakers.
Since 1998, LGM has been successfully supplying quality products backed by leading training and now supports over 1,200 Canadian franchised new car dealerships. Dealer partnerships are complimented with the strong backing and support of their automotive manufacturing brands, which include Kia, Volvo, Hyundai, BMW/MINI, Mazda, Jaguar, Land Rover, Range Rover and Mitsubishi Motors. LGM develops solutions that are win-win for all stakeholders including consumers, dealers, OEMs/manufacturers and underwriters.
The Communications Specialist is responsible for creating effective communication strategies and will work closely with teams across the organization from Human Resources, Sales, Claims, Technology and others to help develop the LGM brand voice and enhance awareness of what we do in the Canadian automotive industry. Work will be innovative and rewarding, catering to both internal and external target audiences.
- Plan and execute on a range of annual external communications and content marketing activities, which includes the following deliverables:
- Research, write and pitch article submissions and press releases for industry publications
- Liaise with media and handle requests for interviews, statements, etc
- Support crisis communications plan management as a back-up lead
- Monitor digital and social presence (eg. Twitter, web inquiries) and manage online feedback
- Launch and manage new external-facing tactics including partner e-newsletters, videos and other communication tools
- Editorial management and design of a re-vamped social media program (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook)
- Foster relationships with influencers, advocates and key persons
- Plan and execute on an annual internal communications schedule with the support of your team, which includes the following deliverables:
- Manage editorial and evolve company intranet design
- content includes corporate calendar, articles, comments, photography, videos etc.
- Manage content for the bi-weekly company newsletter, bulletins and announcements
- Support senior executive communications
- Coordinate and facilitate quarterly executive broadcasts (video & townhall formats)
- Research and content creation/copywriting for:
- internal and external
- Blogs, social
- Marketing ads, collateral and partner websites
- Articles, press releases, announcements and other as required
- Exemplary oral and written communications skills including writing, editing and proofreading
- Must be able to develop effective and creative internal/external communications programs
- Ability to work independently on a broad scope of projects; strong organizational skills and ability to handle competing project priorities with shifting deadlines and deliverables
- Team player, able to work collaboratively at all levels of the organization and external stakeholders
- Excellent organizational, planning, influence and follow-up skills
- Comfortable executing on a wide variety of communication tactics including social media
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Confident presenter and speaker
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign) and web design an asset
- Completion of a university degree or the equivalent in a related field such as communications, journalism, marketing/advertising and/or digital strategy. A proven track record of managing websites and social media platforms is essential.
- Minimum five years' experience in organizational communication, developing and executing strategic communication plans.
OPPORTUNITY AT LGM:
We invest heavily in our people and as an organization we are committed to providing our employees opportunities for ?stretch? assignments, career path planning and professional development. LGM is guided by its core values which define how you can expect everyone in the company to conduct themselves. Its commitment to these core values helps ensure the employee, the company, and clients are successful.
Working at LGM can also be characterized by the following employee value proposition beliefs:
- We are developing future leaders through continuous learning.
- Employee engagement is central to our high performing workforce.
- People, process and technology are pivotal to creating innovative solutions.
- We encourage candor and openness, to drive ideas and perspectives.
- Courageous conversations, shared experiences with individual accountability works every time.
- We offer a highly competitive compensation package including: comprehensive health benefits plan, Group RRSP, performance bonus, education sponsorship, and four paid days when ?giving back? to the community. We also offer a vehicle rebate program.
Please submit a cover letter along with your resume!
At LGM, our service and innovation builds trust and loyalty.
Come join us!