Company: FedEx Express Canada
Job Title: Sales Coordinator
Job Requisition Number: RC245098
Job Family: FXE-CAN: Administrative
Time Type: Full Time
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
If we're going to work together, let us first introduce ourselves
- because we are proud of our team at FedEx Express Canada. You know us as a global transportation company
- and we've shipped some pretty interesting things over the years like part of the ship's hull of the Titanic, a windmill, race cars, a helicopter, the shark from Jaws and a lot of panda bears who get their own chartered airplane!
You may not know that across the globe, FedEx is the backbone of the e-commerce economy. In fact, we were the initial industry disruptor in 1973 and we continue to build on that innovation every day by expanding our network to move goods in Canada and around the world. Our Canadian team is also proud to be a 2018 Aon ?Best Employer in Canada? recipient and we celebrate being recognized as an organization that has a dynamic culture and a dedicated, long-tenured work environment.
Sounds like a great place to work
- right? So, if you are interested
- and we'd like to think you are, let's get started telling you why you might be the perfect fit for our Sales team in a Sales Coordinator role.
WHAT IS A SALES COORDINATOR YOU ASK?
You will be supporting sales managers and their teams by performing required administrative functions. Preparing regular/adhoc reports/statistics as required by upper management.
In addition to hanging with employees and discussing the latest episode of Game of Thrones (not really), in this role, you will...
- Assist managers with semi-annual goal model simulations & territory realignments.
- Provide appropriate level of research/analysis; utilize available resources e.g. QUASER, Excel templates, etc.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly revenue/goal adjustments; track/monitor sales professional indices/results, etc
- Supports sales team. Distribute mail, maintain office supplies & promotional item inventory; coordinate travel requirements (air, hotels, etc.); schedule/coordinate teleconference calls, etc.
- Provide direction/training regarding sales reporting activities, computer systems/applications, departmental procedures, etc.
- Acts as an internal liaison between sales team and other FedEx departments as required.
- Establishes, coordinates and monitors departmental filing, employee record maintenance, new hire/termination paperwork, new employee orientation/training requirements, coordinates team/departmental meetings/ takes minutes, etc.
- Assists sales professional with presentations, RFQs, etc. and prepares target pricing & customer discounts by obtaining appropriate pricing information and generating customer rates utilizing available resources/tools e.g. Sales Source, etc
OKAY, THAT'S A LOT
- plus you need...
- College diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years Sales experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Sales administration/customer contact experience
- Good interpersonal skills
- Independent with minimum supervision
- Investigative/Research Skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Organizational Skills
- Self motivated
- Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills
SOME AWESOME PERKS TO WORKING AT FEDEX:
- A competitive salary and incentives
- A progressive benefits programs, including health and dental coverage and pension plan
- A Career Investment Fund with up to $5k a year for programs or tuition reimbursement
- Strong Community Service programs including diverse volunteer, charity, and fundraising initiatives to give back to both local and global communities
- Discounted FedEx services, flights, hotels, entertainment and car rentals
- A fun and diverse team who voted FedEx a best employer and a great place to work (we aren't just saying that, it's actually true)
We don't expect you to deliver any helicopters or pandas
- but if you can deliver on this exciting job opportunity, please attach your updated resume when applying. We thank all applicants and we will contact you directly
- by email, not by FedEx
- if selected for an interview.
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. The incumbent of this position is expected to perform all other duties as assigned, must be able to complete and achieve minimum thresholds on any mandatory testing and training, must be able to operate in an PC windows environment, have the ability to successfully complete all recurrence training and maintain annual accreditations where applicable and work varying shifts based on business needs. If the incumbent resides in the province of Quebec, you must be bilingual (French and English). In addition to the usual factors used in the selection process, all candidates for positions that require driving as a core competency require a valid driver's license (e.g. Class 5,G, or 1(AZ)) and a driving record with two or fewer violations and/or accidents in the 24 months prior to the date of application. Further, candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their current driver's abstract; 2) their performance during application interviews; and 3) their performance on any driver competency assessments administered