The Business Systems Coordinator will continuously identify and pursue productivity and technology-related process improvement opportunities involving new or existing technologies. This position is responsible for the Municipal Accommodations Division's (MAD) technological development and solutions by striving to improve all MAD technology and systems of the Division. Supporting the business by applying multi-functional subject matter expertise of business processes, systems and integration that spans multiple business functions in order to seek continuous improvement and innovation. The Business Systems Coordinator will be the functional expert on the specified applications and will be the point of contact/liaison between the Division and Corporate Support Services.
AS THE BUSINESS SYSTEMS COORDINATOR YOU WILL:
- Provide overall System Administration, Development and Support to the software exclusive to the Municipal Accommodations Division such as MAXIMO, YARDI, ARCHIBUS, Asset Condition Assessment (VFA), Revenue, Recovery and Chargeback software and other Division systems.
- Be responsible for License Management for all applicable software.
- Monitor and assess the overall data integrity of MAD major applications/systems on an ongoing basis to ensure conformity with all City policies, directives and legal requirements under stature are being adhered to.
- Liaise with other Division branch heads and technical support providers for applications used within the Division regarding upgrades, updates and implementation of new versions of application software and provide training, as required.
- Collect and merge data from Division applications to generate reports as requested, i.e. for Maintenance, Project Services, Property Management, Operations and Finance.
- Be responsible for the design, development and deployment of Divisional systems, including development of computer applications and subsequent maintenance as they relate to Division specific systems.
- Meet with users to determine current practices, identify potential improvement areas, and identify potential solutions.
- Develop system descriptions and specifications for service delivery and reporting, i.e. Business Requirement Specification, for sign-off or as documented, and provides documentation relative to systems and processes.
- Ensure business systems are meeting prescribed results through performance measurement and taking corrective action as required.
- Review work for accuracy and reasonability, and ensure that Divisional requirements, as well as Corporate requirements are met and financial issues are brought to the attention of Superintendents.
- Work directly with appropriate Division personnel and project stakeholders to understand project concepts, objectives, scope and approach including management of project dependencies with our units or projects.
- Provide technical support for special projects together with the Superintendent of Building, Asset Operation & Energy Management, and in the absence of the Superintendent, act on technology related matters.
- Be responsible for Special Projects which may involve systems analysis, development and design, systems and process testing, development of complex spreadsheets, activity costing, etc.
YOUR EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Diploma in Computer Science.
- One of the following Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Commerce, Business Administration or Engineering, is an asset.
- Thirty-six (36) months prior related work experience analyzing business requirements and coordinating projects.
- Experience in implementation, testing and training with work management.
- Experience with SQL and Database Reporting tools.
- Experience preparing training materials and training staff.
- Experience in researching and analyzing software programs with the ability to evaluate system logs and troubleshoot problems.
- Analytical skills, and the ability to interpret business needs (operational, management and staff needs) and translate them into an existing new or enhanced application.
- Experience dealing with ambiguity specifically user requests that could come from multiple sources, conflict with each other or operational objectives or be at a high level.
- Ability to reconcile conflicts, and conflicting opinions to achieve a solution that solves the operational problem or need.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in a professional manner.
- Verbal communication skills with ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Written communication skills with the ability to prepare/analyze and interpret reports for senior management, including financial and statistical reports.
- Organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and instruction.
- Ability to resolve interface and or integration problems and work with existing Departmental systems.
- Knowledge of work management and reporting applications used in the maintenance or project-based organizations.
- Knowledge of IT policies and procedures would be an asset.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate at their expense. Information regarding the electronic Police Information Check online system can be found at: https://policeinformationcheck.winnipeg.ca.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Manitoba Class 5 Driver's Licence. The successful applicant will be required to provide a vehicle for transportation while on City business subject to the terms and conditions of the City of Winnipeg Transportation Policy.
- The successful applicant will be required to work outside regular hours, as required.
- Strong knowledge of the Department, including all policies and procedures is expected within 12 months.
- Strong knowledge of the Divisions current work management and reporting system (MAXIMO) is required within 12 months.
CORE COMPETENCIES for ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented