At BWXT Nuclear Energy Canada Inc. we are committed to excellence in every business initiative. BWXT Nuclear Energy Canada (BWXT NEC) has achieved an enviable international reputation for excellence in the supply of nuclear fuel and fuel handling systems and service for CANDU reactors in both domestic and international markets. Our success is the result of our commitment to our employees, customers, quality & EHS initiatives.
Communications & Community Relations Specialist
We are recruiting for a Communications & Community Relations Specialist for our Toronto, Ontario location (Lansdowne and Dupont area
- free parking provided).
The Communications & Community Relations Specialist will be an integral member of BWXT NPG's Government Affairs and Communications team and will oversee communication and community engagement activities as part of BWXT Nuclear Energy Canada Inc.'s (BWXT NEC) public information program, more specifically for BWXT NEC's Toronto site. This role works closely with the Communications & Community Relations Specialist for BWXT NEC's Peterborough and BWXT ITG's medical isotope locations.
Duties include the development, coordination and distribution/execution of internal and external communications and events, including but not limited to: community and stakeholder communications; internal communications; external publications; the Toronto portions of the public website; community events; facility tours; internal events; media events; presentation development, etc. More specifically the role will oversee:
- Leading the local Toronto employee volunteer committee.
- On-site event coordination/support (BBQs, employee appreciation, etc.).
- Community outreach and relations (meeting with community and local organizations).
- Development of newsletter content for Toronto stakeholders.
- Support for government relations initiatives.
- Support for Toronto Community Liaison Committee (minutes, coordination).
- Local site-specific internal communications support (e-boards, employee communications, etc.).
- Sit on BWXT's Indigenous Relations committee and help improve Indigenous relations in Toronto.
- Community College Diploma in Public Relations, Marketing Communications, Journalism or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 2
- 3 years experience in a technical environment. Event management experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, adapting styles/tones to different audiences.
- Excellent writing skills, including logic and structure, grammar, usage, syntax and punctuation for emails, letters, reports, memos, presentations, ad copy and all forms of collateral.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software and basic knowledge of print/graphical requirements.
- Ability to grasp technical concepts and communicate to a diverse audience.
- Strong research, interviewing and writing skills.
- Proficiency in spoken and written Portuguese language will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of nuclear industry and familiarity with Davenport district of Toronto will be considered assets.
- Ability to coordinate various projects and meet a variety of milestones under very tight timelines.
BWXT Nuclear Energy Canada Inc. embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended or any other category protected by federal law.