At Aecon, we're building the future and our people are at the heart of everything we do. We're always looking for exceptional talent to work on our exciting and ever-expanding project portfolios. We are focused on being the #1 Canadian Infrastructure Company and the first choice employer in our industry.
Safe. Trusted. Respected. Aecon Civil is a market leader with a self-perform competitive advantage and core local strength in key markets. We're proud of our work helping to expand and improve Canada's infrastructure and transportation networks, and we're ready to build the future of our country. With over a century of experience, and the ability to offer diverse, comprehensive services, Aecon is a preferred contractor for our clients. This includes numerous public entities and Public-Private Partnerships in Canada and abroad.
The Communications Manager will play a key role in managing construction and traffic communications for a large infrastructure project. This position requires a high degree of leadership, coordination, and cooperation with cross-functional and JV teams. Effective collaboration with Aecon and the JV's, various business units, and in-field project teams is essential to the team's overall success. This position is based at our Major Project site located near Delta, BC.
- Support the daily management and delivery of the team's strategic communications service offering.
- Ensure the successful delivery and rollout of Project communications programs, campaigns, & collateral.
- Provide marketing/internal communications counsel and best practice to the Project and JV Leadership Team.
- Produce proactive and real-time communications responses to emerging issues and opportunities.
- Develop, implement and drive adherence to effective project management systems to optimize team efficiencies and KPIs/outputs.
- Develop construction and traffic communications strategies with the input of multiple stakeholders.
- Planning and managing community and stakeholder engagement for infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrate innovation and creativity in advancing the Communications platform across the JV Project by:
- Bringing an innovative lens to all deliverables, pursuing new opportunities, and leveraging capabilities and skill set to support our internal stakeholders.
- Developing, implementing and driving behaviours in support of advancing communication channels, including social media and digital platforms
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- A communications professional with a minimum of 7 years' of experience with:
- Managing traffic construction and operations communications for transportation construction projects comparable to the Project.
- Working with government communications processes and policies.
- Developing traffic and communications strategies with the input of multiple stakeholders.
- Working with issues management related to transportation construction projects.
- Planning and managing community and stakeholder engagement for transportation construction projects.
- Post-secondary education in Communcations, Public/Media Relations, Marketing or Business would be considerd an asset
- Must be an exceptional writer/editor/proofreader, with demonstrated written/verbal business communication skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles and practices of brand management to successfully shape the JV's messaging and reputation.
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills, as well as superior project management and time management skills.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital/social media; experience delivering communications across all communications channel.
- Experience working in an internal communications environment, reflecting a demonstrable knowledge in the formulation and implementation of stakeholder engagement and organization-wide business communications programs to build and maintain trusted relationships; manage up and down the organizational structure.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Cultural awareness and understanding.