Grande Prairie Regional College (GPRC) is a comprehensive community institution, established in 1966 in Grande Prairie, and our stewardship region includes campuses in Fairview and Grande Prairie. GPRC offers a wide variety of credit and non-credit career certificates and diplomas, pre-employment and apprenticeship trades, university transfer studies, and several opportunities for on-campus degree completion through collaborations with four-year universities. As an educational facility in northwestern Alberta, GPRC helps meet the cultural, recreational, athletic and conferencing needs of the region in partnership with community and regional stakeholders. GPRC is dedicated to providing learners with access to high quality and diverse lifelong learning opportunities, and to the responsible educational, fiscal and environmental stewardship of resources.
The Manager, Communications and Marketing is a public relations and communications professional who handles all public communications on behalf of the College and is responsible for ensuring the presentation and maintenance of a positive institutional public image. This position creates and implements communications strategies that influence perceptions and opinions of employees, stakeholders, government and the general public. These goals will be accomplished through the leadership and guidance of the Communications and Marketing Team. Specific duties may include:
- Consult with President and CEO to determine key messages and appropriate communication vehicles for internal and external audiences.
- Meet individually with President or other members of the Executive as required to advise on public communications such as radio or print interviews.
- Serve as a liaison between the College and media; develop and maintain relationships with all stakeholder groups to create and deliver key internal and external communications.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of ethical and professional values, including confidentiality.
- Ensure consistent articulation of the College's approved image and position on issues to all internal and external constituencies.
- Work directly with Executive and Senior leadership to identify priorities to enhance GPRC's brand in the market by aligning department work with strategic direction of College.
- Analyze issues and political climate; research and write communiqués, news stories and feature articles to support internal and external communication and brand identity goals of the College.
- Evaluate potential news stories and appropriate communication vehicles for recommendation and/or action.
- Organize and effectively manage news conferences; invite media; draft news conference agenda, emcee script and related documents. Ensure appropriate distribution of news releases.
- Reflect Core Values in written materials and understand the needs and motivation of diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage graphic design and content of the corporate website and social media channels.
- Provide communications support to the Recruitment team on enrollment goals and strategies.
- Liaison directly with Deans to provide focused communications support to achieve strategic department enrollment goals.
- Assist with the creation of advertising campaigns that align with the College's recruitment and enrollment goals.
- Manage the budget for the functional team.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to staff of the Communications and Marketing team.
WHAT WE OFFER
GPRC offers lifelong learning opportunities through professional development/wellness programs, a competitive salary and compensation package and a student-centered culture that is vital to our community. Join our team, grow with us and connect your skills and abilities to our vision, mission and values.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelors's Degree in a related field such as Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, or English. Three years directly related experience is required. A combination of education and experience will be considered. Necessary skills and attributes to be successful in this role include:
- Proven leadership and mentorship skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and other applicable graphic design platforms.
- Experience with Zoom, Skype, Microsoft Teams and Video Conferencing platforms.
- Experience managing an operational budget.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Forward-thinking mindset and creative ability.
- Proven critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships across the organization both internally and externally.
- Possess a high level of integrity, confidentiality, professionalism and accountability.
HOW TO APPLY
Only applications received electronically will be considered. To apply, go to http://www.gprc.ab.ca/careers and select the job posting.
We review all applications to select candidates whose qualifications and experience most closely meet our needs.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. For general inquiries, please contact HR at via Isarta.
Thank you for applying to GPRC!