Staples Promotional Products (SPP) is the world's most trusted source for branded solutions because we make promotional products easy. We are committed to providing outstanding service and exceptional value by being your business partner in brand development. That's why companies large and small, all over the world, turn to us for the resources they need to increase brand reach and visibility.
Leading the industry with over 65 years of experience, Staples Promotional Products has financial strength and global partnerships that ensure we can deliver your custom order on time and at the best possible price. We are dedicated to helping your business.
*Learn more about what we do:
Work Location: 55 Interchange Way Vaughan, ON
The Senior Marketing Specialist applies communications knowledge, expertise and experience to create relevant, innovative marketing content for customers, that ultimately drives incremental sales and loyalty. They will determine the appropriate mediums for communications and execute timely delivery of these pieces. They will work on multiple projects, ranging from short communications and updates to complex projects, strategies and integrated campaigns. They will define, develop and execute the marketing requirements for related to customer marketing and key accounts, with the goal to improve sales results through increased client awareness of SPP's branded merchandise programs.
Develop annual marketing and communication plans for customer programs and direct the management of these programs across the cross-functional teams to achieve successful results.
- Develop email marketing and lead nurture/conversion campaigns utilizing Marketo.
- Partner with the SPP US team in the development of Marketo functionality.
- Ensure ownership of all data analysis to determine the level of success of current programs and provide strategic planning to continually amend future programs and ensure increased success levels.
- Execute deep-dives in to customer brands and develop key marketing strategies tailored specifically to customers' businesses and industries.
- Support BD by developing customer case studies.
- Support BD in the development of customer-specific pitches or customer-specific targeted marketing campaigns, including creative strategy and tool development.
- Develop and manage all necessary e-blasts, e-store promotions (i.e. sliders, banners) and printed flyers.
- Maintain and manage legally-compliant e-blast listings.
- Provide direction for core customer marketing executions
- e.g. print catalogues, sponsorships and event support.
- Develop SOWs and guide team through process of delivering agency-style work for customers in area of creative strategy and ideation.
- Manage, operate & report within media budget guidelines.
- Direct the design, preparation, production and timely circulation of communications to support the planning and execution of marketing projects and programs within the organization.
- Produce webcasts, presentations and talk-tracks to support customer and vendor related initiatives.
- Ensure knowledge of marketing strategy, brand, image, the customer and the market is appropriately reflected in all communications (print and electronic) and all content meets legal and compliance guidelines.
- Develop and work in partnership with the US and UK divisions to utilize assets and ideas across the Canadian organization.
- Support other Marketing projects/programs as required.
Senior Marketing Manager & Customer Marketing Team
- Account Managers
- Program Specialists
- Creative department
- Other international divisions at SPP
- in person, by phone and email
- With vendors as required
- Outstanding communication and marketing skills: emphasis on communication strategies, written skills (including plain language) and creative direction.
- Advanced computer literacy skills, particularly with MS Office.
- Ability to write business-oriented, tactical communications plans and materials (both online and print).
- Understanding of industry and other regulations that affect marketing communications processes and outputs is an asset.
- Ability to clearly and convincingly present and position ideas and concepts.
- Proven ability to meet urgent deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to excel under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: must be able to influence and negotiate with people from diverse backgrounds and levels throughout the organization.
- Understanding of and ability to apply all skills and processes required to plan, manage and execute a marketing communication projects end-to-end.
- Outstanding ability to evaluate the clarity of information and its suitability for customer-facing staff.
- Ability to manage several projects and programs at once, with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to see the big picture and identify opportunities to link projects, initiatives or communications together.
- Ability to build relationships with business partners to reach mutually beneficial solutions.
Additional Qualifications (Nice To Have):
- Website development and maintenance experience
- Bilingual (French/English)
3-5 years related work experience in a B2B Marketing Communications role
- Experience in managing interactions with multiple stakeholders and parties
University degree or college diploma in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or Business Administration preferred
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.
Staples is an equal opportunity employer and an accommodation will be provided during the hiring process if requested.