The Group Customer Project Delivery Business Systems Technology Consultant is a key interface between various departments within the Group Customer business unit, in support of delivering projects driven by Plan Member Services. The role will also work closely with vendors as well as business partners in the Claims Solutions and Fraud Management areas when project delivery accountabilities and/or business value outcomes are shared.
The Business Systems Technology Consultant will be responsible for collection, analysis and documentation of business requirements, needs and features, contribute to solutioning discussions and translate business needs and features into develop-consumable functional and non-functional requirements as an input to design, development and testing exercises associated with application delivery or configuration.
The successful candidate will develop a strong and deep understanding of Group Customer needs and how systems support the core business unit mission.
Within the Canada Life Analysis Community of Practice, the analyst strives to be a strong and participating member where they hold each other accountable to become a best in class option for our business partners and provide top tier benefits and services by adhering to the following principles:
Simplify the complex and effectively communicate both Group Customer Technology (GCT) and business visions
Value integrity by embracing honesty and maintaining strong principles
Maintain a high level of technical and business knowledge
Provide guidance and leadership to our projects and account teams
Establish credibility and trust across our Group Customer Technology (GCT) team and business partners
Portfolio Requirements, Design & Scoping
- Guides and facilitates the analysis for less complex products
- Elicits and validates business requirements
- Facilitates and actively participates in meetings, walkthroughs, and reviews of deliverables
- Develops functional requirements
- Develops and delivers training & support materials for affected stakeholders
Problem Solving & Analysis
- Performs analysis to determine impacts to products
- Validates requirements and proposed solutions to stakeholder's satisfaction and translates those processes, needs and requirements into related artifacts and documentation
- Troubleshoots moderate to complex problems to determine root-cause, requiring analysis and exploration of options, recommending solutions, or preparing discussion for escalation
- Communicates with business stakeholders on technical components, risks, issues
- Ability to understand data requirements, standards, controls, modeling techniques
- Develops and validates solution design, product configuration, or package criteria with business stakeholders
- Ensures overall testing efforts represent business and systems requirements in partnership with the QA team (where applicable)
- Develops and maintains test documentation, test strategy, review and supports testing outcomes as required
- Partners with developers and other team members to resolve defects, considering data and privacy requirements
- Develops and executes test cases, confirming test cases represent business requirements
- Ensures traceability of requirements across application lifecycle
- Manages moderate complexity acceptance criteria
- Gains exposure to and learns new technologies, frameworks and tools
- Evaluates and learns new analysis strategies, tools and methods that provide business value
- Improves current practices and tools
- Adapts to organizational change, best practice and improvements across teams, including the effective implementation and adherence to analysis processes and practices and architectural directions
- Participates in audits, governance and support activities
- Takes accountability for own and towards team deliverables
- Trains newer analysts in how to gather requirements and solve problems effectively
- Partners with product teams and/or architects to develop technical requirements and engineering/non-functional specifications
- The ability to analyze, model and interpret data
- Uses advanced computerized models to extract the data needed
- Removing corrupted data
- Performs initial analysis to assess the quality of the data
- Performs further analysis to determine the meaning of the data
- Performs final analysis to provide additional data screening
- Prepare reports based on analysis and presenting to management
- Programming languages, such as SQL, Oracle, DB2 and Python
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Post-secondary Degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology
- 5+ years of relevant experience or the equivalent in experience plus education
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle methodologies (e.g. Waterfall, Iterative, Agile)
- Working knowledge of business processes across systems
- Proficient knowledge of strategies for gathering, analyzing, and validating requirements
- Proficient business acumen and knowledge of related industry business function
- Experience working with data (data modeling & analysis), function and design of database applications supporting business functions
- Experience working with outside developers, vendors, and consultants
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving, and organizational skills; attention to detail; and ability to coordinate multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Good understanding of business principles and experience with a broad range of different types of business functions.
- Strong business process modeling skills and logical data modeling skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills that rely on a structured approach to problem solving
- Effective internal consulting skills with a strong customer service orientation.
- Communicates in a clear and concise manner, both written and verbal, that is appropriate for the audience.
- Good interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Able to pivot and quickly change direction in response to changing priorities while effectively performing under pressure.
- Effective planning and organizational skills.
Canada Life is a leading insurance, wealth management and benefits provider focused on improving the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians. For more than 170 years, individuals, families and business owners across Canada have trusted us to provide sound guidance and deliver on the promises we've made.
As of January 1, 2020, Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life became one company
- Canada Life, and today, we proudly serve more than 13 million customer relationships from coast to coast to coast.
Discover your opportunity....Apply today!
Canada Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness in our head office facilities. If you'd like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we're one of Canada's leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted