Location: Markham, Ontario
WHAT IS THE ROLE?
Reporting to the Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis, the Director, Merchandising and Marketing FP&A is responsible for providing short and long term financial forecasting/plans, performance reporting based on data driven analysis and insights to support strategic and operational decision making for the Merchandising and Marketing functions.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Lead the preparation and analysis of strategic and annual plans, frequent forecasts and latest estimates, monthly financial and operating reports including value added insights for the Merchandising and Marketing functions.
- Provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes by analyzing current and past trends of key performance indicators
- Provide financial support for Business Line Reviews, new product launches, pricing strategies and campaign performance
- Work collaboratively with business partners to ensure key initiatives drive results and obtain financial objectives by providing meaningful, proactive financial analysis and identifying risks and opportunities
- Improve FP&A through analytics, automation and continuous improvement of processes
- Provide leadership and direction to a team of 3 by fostering a high-performance team environment that instills best practices and skills, critical and strategic thinking and pro-active problem solving
WHAT WILL YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
Education and Experience
- Professional Accounting Designation Preferred (CPA, CFA) with 10+ years of progressive experience in FP&A
- Strong leadership and management capabilities (5+ years experience leading a team)
- Track record of continuous operational process improvement and implementation
- Experience working with senior executives providing strong financial expertise
Knowledge and Skills
- Action Oriented - Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Dealing with Ambiguity - Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture.
- Strong Business Acumen - Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Timely Decision Making - Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision.
- Ability to Direct Others - Is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results; brings out the best in people; is a clear communicator.
- Functional/Technical Skills - Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Interpersonal Savvy - Relates well to all kinds of people inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Excellent Presentation Skills - Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings; is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and hot and controversial topics; commands attention and can manage group processes during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn't working.
- Strong Problem Solving Skills
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; can see hidden problems; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
Drive For ResultsCan be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.