For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work, and to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture. We are one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are recognized as a Caring Company, a designation for national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Our team of 2,100 professionals work across six provinces. We excel by living our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We're committed to ensuring the health and wellness of our employees and their families, along with personal and professional growth, through a variety of programs and support at all levels of our organization.
Along with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie
- a national health organization with over 6,400 employees. Together, our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Job Title: Senior Communications Advisor
Department : Corporate Communications and Marketing
Employment Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Etobicoke, Ontario
Salary: Comprehensive Compensation
Reports To: Manager, Corporate Communications & Marketing
Closing Date: August 2, 2020
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Communications and Marketing, this role is critical in our efforts to build our brand and grow our business in Ontario. The Senior Communications Advisor will contribute to the development of external communications and special projects working collaboratively with internal and external partners.
- Works alongside the Medavie Blue Cross product team to execute effective strategies to support product launches and other product-focused announcements/activities
- Identifies corporate media and speaking opportunities in Ontario for various subject-matter experts and provides support, including development of speaking remarks/presentation materials and media interview briefs
- Acts as the main point of contact for Ontario and National media for our company of brands (Medavie, Medavie Blue Cross, Medavie Health Services and the Medavie Health Foundation); works in close consultation with business partners to support timely responses to requests for information from media
- Helps facilitate Medavie's Ontario thought leadership strategy through partner engagement, speaking opportunities, sponsorships, owned events, etc.
- Writes and edits materials, including (but not limited to): email, collateral, external communications (key messages, news releases, media statements, advertorials, corporate appointment announcements, etc.) and social media; liaises directly with internal and external partners/stakeholders to obtain relevant detail/input
- Manages daily media monitoring/reporting and stays abreast of relevant trends; supports the generation of an ongoing news-cycle/regular earned media coverage
- Facilitates ad hoc requests in an efficient and timely manner
- Post-secondary education in Communications, Public Relations or other related field
- Minimum 5 years' experience in corporate communications, focusing on external with a proven ability to work with the media and provide media coaching
- Exceptional written communications skills, including editing, proofreading and attention to detail
- Story teller with an ability to take complex information or concepts and distill into digestible, engaging, informative pieces; ability to modify writing tone and voice to match the needs of different audiences/media targets
- A self-starter and problem-solver who works well independently and as part of a geographically-dispersed team, and open to last-minute, unplanned requests, changes or feedback
- Ability to deal with highly confidential and sensitive subjects/issues in a professional manner
- Solid time management skills, with the ability to balance multiple priorities and produce materials to meet tight deadlines
- Team player with a strong focus on supporting colleagues, trying new approaches and delivering results
- Strong interpersonal, project management and relationship-building skills with an ability to work with multi-stakeholder teams in a fast-paced environment, across locations and operating companies; responds to requests quickly and professionally
- Understanding of the healthcare and/or insurance industry
- Advanced skills with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and/or other presentation software
- Flexible to work outside of normal hours and open to occasional travel
- Bilingualism is considered an asset
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Medavie Blue Cross will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Medavie Blue Cross Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Segment: Developer, Project Manager, Technology