Manager, Strategic Client Communications
Corporate Services, Marketing & Communications
The Community for Life Annual Report will start you on your journey to learn about Peel and who we are and how we are working together to support and grow a Peel that is a Community for Life!
The Region of Peel is looking for a Manager, Strategic Client Communications who will provide strategic communications leadership, recommendations and advice to a dedicated client group and leadership team within Human Services.
Are you a leader who strives to mentor, develop and support a high performing team of Communications and Marketing professionals?
Do you have a passion for providing creative, innovative and forward thinking solutions?
Are you client focused and thrive in a team where collaboration, relationship building and passion to excel are celebrated?
If yes, this role may be for you!
The Manager, Strategic Client Communications will partner with business leaders within Human Services, to develop communications strategies that support their clients to achieve their business outcomes. The Manager will demonstrate strong leadership behaviours and competencies to coach, mentor and develop a strategic communications team.
YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR...
- Providing strategic and operational leadership to a team of communications professionals that provide strategic and tactical communications advice and solutions
- Coaching and developing strategic client communications team to ensure that capacity and capabilities are able to deliver effective internal and external communication solutions
- Ensuring communications solutions are aligned with Region's strategic goals and objectives and service outcomes
- Working with the departmental leadership team(s) to develop communications strategies that support business outcomes
- Applying systems thinking and insight of the organization and business / department to enhance the Region's brand, reduce risk, identify solutions and ensure alignment between communications objectives and business outcomes
- Collaborating with internal and external partners to develop communications strategies that enable effective change management plans and tactics
- Developing an integrated and holistic approach to plan, develop and deliver effective communications solutions for the client department(s) that are aligned with approaches used by other Strategic Client Communications teams
- Managing operational and capital budgets
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR...
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or related discipline with at least 8 years progressively responsible experience in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, or an equivalent combination or education/experience.
- Proven experience in leading a team of communications professionals that have demonstrated achieving service outcomes
- Understanding of change management principles and practices and demonstrated through the implementation of change with your team and clients
- Demonstrated success in coaching and developing a successful team
- Solid problem solver who is able to analyse a problem, apply creative and innovative thinking to find a solution
- Strategic Communication Management Professional or Communication Management Professional certification, is an asset
- Strong background in strategic communication planning, reputation management and issues management
- Excellent and impactful written and verbal communications skills , including skills in writing for the digital environment
- Proven ability to build collaborative relationships with internal and external partners and clients that has resulted successful outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to complete long and short term planning and resource management
- Strong operations management skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive and manage transformational change and the ability to adapt in a changing environment
- Sound knowledge of effective marketing practices
- Sound knowledge of Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) for the purposes of communication materials
- Sound knowledge of how to maintain brand integrity and standards
Location: Due to Covid-19, most of our offices are currently closed to protect the health and safety of our employees, clients and community. As such, this position will be required to work remotely for an undetermined period. Once our offices re-open you will report to 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton.
Hours: : 35 hours/week (rotating evening and weekend on call required)
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply online.
The Region of Peel serves more than 1.4 million residents and approximately 173,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. We deliver a wide range of resident focused services across the Region.
Our 20-year vision for Peel is ?Community for Life.? Our goal is to create a place where everyone enjoys a sense of belonging and has access to the services and opportunities needed to thrive in each stage of their lives. Our 2015-2035 Strategic Plan outlines the work we're focused on to bring this vision to life.
To learn more about the Region of Peel, explore peelregion.ca.
At the Region of Peel, we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous and compassionate, recognizing everyone's contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Please be advised, the Region of Peel uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant's responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the position and your application will be removed from the competition.