Reporting to the Manager, Marketing, the Marketing Specialist leads the implementation of marketing plans, programs and priorities that support the business units and overall marketing plans. Working closely with the integrated marketing team to plan and coordinate cross promotional / integrated campaigns, and collaborate with the digital team to assure that the user experience is consistent for both online and offline marketing collateral.
- Responsible for the implementation and tactical planning of approved marketing plans to ensure alignment business objectives.
- Execute marketing campaigns ensuring a consistent user experience across all forms of media, including but not limited to print, video, digital, email, social media, radio and trade shows/events.
- Collaborate with members of the business unit, category managers, planners, operations and merchandising teams to assist in achieving the business unit's strategic and financial objectives through innovative marketing campaigns and tactics.
- Responsible for coordinating with communications to ensure the planning, development and executing internal/ external communications that support execution of the marketing plans.
- Work with the integrated marketing team, external agencies and vendors to assist in the development and execution for all marketing materials and events (i.e. advertising campaigns, flyers, product guides, promotional offers, trade shows and special events, in-store signage, web content and other brand building materials).
- Ensure accuracy of campaign materials, including proofreading as well as QA testing for all aspects of online content.
- Accountable for the preparation, creation and implementation of digital and social media plan and providing input and direction towards the integrated content calendar.
- Responsible for regular and ad hoc status, budget reporting for marketing projects and campaigns.
- Ensure consistent brand image through all marketing activities and collateral material.
- Manage multiple campaigns, including work back schedules, quotes, and budgets within defined approval process to ensure on time on budget execution.
- Establish KPI metrics and support the development of campaign reporting to measure and identify key learnings and build on overall campaign successes.
- Responsible to research and track emerging market developments, consumer trends, customer insights, competitive activities and other marketing opportunities to increase sales.
- Outgoing, personable, self motivated team player with post-secondary degree/diploma in marketing, communications or related field.
- 5+ years of marketing experience in consumer/retail promotions, experience in Agriculture will be considered an asset.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing, including email, SEM and other digital strategies.
- Experience in functional and integration testing, Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) testing.
- Project management experience and ability manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated business communication, client/stakeholder management and creative writing skills.
- Working knowledge of SAP and/or Asana would be an asset.
- Occasional travel to UFA locations may be required.
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume and quote the posting number in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.