The Communications Coordinator is a six month contract working 35 hours/week.
As the Communications Coordinator, you are responsible for supporting a variety of communication activities in a professional and timely manner. This includes organizing and managing special events, communications planning, technical advice and logistics support for internal client groups in all aspects of communications (including research, project management, writing and editing, design and layout), creating social media content and other duties as needed.
- Oversees coordination/planning, promotional materials and invitations, meeting logistics, travel arrangements and day-of execution for CPSA special events.
- Manage the CPSA's monthly e-newsletter, including writing/editing submissions as required, layout/design and distribution using Mailchimp.
- Provides communications support to the Government Relations and Privacy portfolios. Develops strategic communications plans and appropriate tools to support client departments. This includes research, client consultation, project coordination, writing/editing articles, promotional/educational material, and website and intranet content.
- Daily review, distribution and tracking of all CPSA-related media clippings.
- Scans social media for content about CPSA to understand and gauge public and physician sentiment about the organization.
- Supports Communications Advisors with various communications-related projects and activities.
- Redirects inquiries and coordinates and/or drafts responses for CPSA's general email address (via Isarta).
- Other duties as required.
- General analytical, planning and professional skills typically obtained through a Bachelor's degree, or equivalent.
- Requirement for 1 to 3 years of related experience
- Solid understanding of Canadian Press style writing and editing.
- Strong writing, editing and project management skills.
- Sound knowledge of graphic design and web tools including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, WordPress.
- Understanding and regular use of social media tools.
- Parking/Transit Benefit
- Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Pandemic Sick Days
- Vacation pay
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check satisfactory to the College.
This posting is open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the College; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess either a Canadian Citizenship, permanent resident status, or valid work permit.