Atlantic Gold is a wholly owned subsidiary of St Barbara Limited, an ASX listed gold producer and explorer with mining assets in Canada, Australia and Papua New Guinea. We are proud to be a Company recognised by industry awards for operational excellence and performance, sustainability, gender diversity and pay equity.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to fill the role of Communications Coordinator.
This permanent and full time position is based at our Atlantic Gold office in downtown Halifax. Some travel (with your own vehicle) will be required.
Our Touquoy mine site located approximately 1-hour northeast of Halifax, near Middle Musquodoboit, Nova Scotia. The mine is fully permitted and began production in fall 2017. This position will require occasional travel to the mine site as well as some additional travel throughout the province (with the successful candidate's own vehicle.)
Reporting to the Manager of Communications, you will take a leading and supporting role in corporate communications with internal and external audiences, while taking ownership over coordination and administration functions for the Communications team. Our team has a results-driven philosophy and our new team member will take ownership of their role, be adaptable to meet the needs of our Company and have an ability to problem-solve.
- Work safely and support communication efforts to enhance safety and environmentally responsible practices
- Work with internal parties on the development of internal and external communications: key messages, newsletters, presentations, photo and logo requests, etc.
- Write, edit, design and disseminate internal and external communications.
- Write and edit for a wide range of media channels including but not limited to news releases, news articles, op-ed pieces, social media platforms, web content, email marketing, ad copy, etc.
- Participate in the collaboration of internal and external communications being developed by other members of the Corporate Communications team.
- Manage relationship with external service providers
- Take ownership over website and social media content for Company.
- Take ownership over internal and external point of contact inboxes.
- Provide some administrative support activities to Communications Manager and/or Senior Vice President.
- Administration of central communications activities including public, stakeholder and media tours.
- Act on behalf of the Communications department on various project and events as directed.
- Attend events and activations in the community to capture live content and interviews for the Company.
- Visit the various mine sites to capture content and stories from staff and local community members.
- Develop and report on email marketing campaigns using MailChimp.
- Other related duties as assigned
Our successful candidate will be able to work collaboratively in a team-orientated and fast-paced environment.
You will have a Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Journalism or English and be able to demonstrate the following:
- Your personal commitment to behaviour that is consistent with St Barbara's Values including honesty and integrity, respect, working together, delivering to promise and striving to do better
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or Journalism or English.
- 1-3 year's experience in a similar role required.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills that ensure confident articulation of knowledge and ideas to both internal and external audiences.
- Development of strategic content with exceptional attention to detail.
- Strives for excellence with high levels of professional motivation and expectations.
- Must be flexible, show initiative, and have a results-driven philosophy with the ability to problem-solve.
- Has the ability to build meaningful relationships quickly.
- Experience using the following social platforms: Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter.
- Exceptional in Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) and Outlook.
- Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite programs is an asset (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Photography skills considered an asset.
- Experience with a local news publication or social media channel would be an asset
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite programs (e.g. InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator) and/or photography skills would be an asset to our team.
When applying for this role, please provide a cover letter with relevant samples of your work (e.g. writing, design, social media community management, photography).
- 'Grow our own Success' approach with a preference to develop and promote internally
- Developed and structured professional development opportunities and educational assistance
- Competitive compensation, health benefits and RRSP matching program
- 2020 PDAC Viola R. MacMillan Award recipients for developing the Touquoy open pit mine and consolidating other gold deposits near Moose River
- Be a part of the high performing St Barbara community
- a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and Employer of Choice.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities and we provide nil gender pay gap in like for like roles and a commitment to addressing pay equity and gender equality through our recruitment, promotions, reward and recognition programs.
Members of the Mi' kmaq community are encouraged to self-identify in your cover letter.
For further information about St Barbara visit https://stbarbara.com.au/careers/