The Standard Insurance is excited to continue growing our team and is looking to hire a full time Commercial Marketing Broker. In this role you will work as part of our commercial marketing team to coordinate placement of business with insurers on behalf of our Producers and our clients
The successful candidate will be able to work from any one of our locations in Kenora, Dryden, Red Lake, Sioux Lookout, or Thunder Bay.
WHY CHOOSE STANDARD INSURANCE?
With 8 offices and growing, The Standard Insurance has served the best interests of home, business and vehicle owners in Northwestern Ontario, Manitoba and Saskatchewan since 1897. We love what we do and we're good at it. We're a company culture based on learning, collaboration, teamwork, bettering our communities, and most importantly, growth. Your work will have a measurable impact on our brand, vision, and the community.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS:
- A consultative professional, with a strong focus and a commitment to customer service, collaboration and team environment;
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others (internal/external clients);
- Work effectively to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions that enhance productivity/effectiveness; ability to work independently with little or no supervision;
- Technical understanding of various commercial insurance products and application to various client businesses and exposures; and
- Anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of clients to meet expectations;
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proactively manage the policy renewal cycle according to standards of service
- Negotiation with insurers to secure placement of new & existing business
- Analyze coverage and premiums from various Insurers and recommend carrier placement in best interest of insured; make suggestions and/or recommendations for revisions and identify gaps in coverage
- Maintain client records in broker management system, review and create submissions & proposals
- Aid Commercial Lines team in troubleshooting issues with accounts and specialty insurance needs
- Actively participate in team meetings and mentor junior staff
- Participate in ongoing training and education
- Prepare reports and coverage summaries as required
- Other miscellaneous duties and special projects as assigned
- 2 or more years of industry experience with focus on Commercial Property & Casualty
- CAIB or CIP an asset
- Existing relationships within the underwriting community; strong market knowledge
- Proficiency with Epic, Policy Works, Insurer portals, Microsoft Office
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.