Brookfield is a global alternative asset manager with over $515 billion in assets under management. We have over a 120-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable energy, infrastructure and private equity. Our assets are held through a growing portfolio of private funds and public, listed entities. Brookfield is publicly listed on the NYSE and TSX.
The Brookfield Infrastructure Group (BIG) is one of Brookfield Asset Management's primary operating platforms. The Infrastructure Group operates and manages approximately $125 billion of assets owned through its listen and private investment vehicles. Our portfolio is comprised of long-life, high quality infrastructure assets with high barriers to entry that generate stable and growing cash flows. Our portfolio of infrastructure assets are primarily in the transport, renewable power, utility, energy and data sectors, located in North and South America, Europe and Asia Pacific. Brookfield has raised over $60 billion dollars from over 300 institutional investors for private infrastructure funds and co-investments and has a current market capitalization of nearly $20 billion under the public infrastructure vehicle, Brookfield Infrastructure Parters L.P. (NYSE: BIP, TSX: BIP.UN).
As part of the Investor Relations and Communications (IR and Comm) team within the Infrastructure Group, this role will report to the Manager of IR and Comm and presents an opportunity to work with investment professionals, the finance and operations teams, and senior management. The role will be focused on implementing IR strategies, servicing the investor base, planning and coordinating investor events, and raising capital for funds for the Infrastructure Group's private funds. The role is expected to be fast-paced and dynamic within a team environment.
The role will be focused on investor relations and communications activities for the private funds managed by the Infrastructure Group including:
- Taking a leading role and being responsible for developing and maintaining investor communications processes
- Managing inquired from private fund investors by utilizing all internal external resources to provide responses to all routine and non-routine questions
- Working with senior management to coordinate strategic initiatives with key investors
- Coordinate and manage preparation and dissemination of IR materials (investor communications and updates, investor reporting, presentations, etc.) for major transactions and capital raising initiatives
- Working with peers in other Brookfield platforms to identify best practices to ensure quality and consistency of IR materials
- Coordinating and preparing for quarterly conference calls/webcasts with private fund investors
- Assisting with strategic initiatives across other IR functions within the infrastructure group
- Working independently and within the team on ongoing projects as well as special and non-recurring requests
- Planning and coordination of special projects and events, including Annual Private Funds Investor Conference
To qualify, candidates must have/be:
- An undergraduate university degree
- a focus in business or finance would be preferred
- At least two years of relevant work experience
- experience in the infrastructure sector would be preferred but is not required
- A solid understanding of private equity investment structure, basic financial reporting metrics, institutional investors
- Dedicated, well-organized individual and resourceful individual with a high level of attention to detail; ability to handle confidential and non-routine information
- Self-motivated, proactive and demonstrates initiative; ability to work without a lot of structure
- Team player with positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally
- Must have strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize and juggle multiple competing tasks and demands under tight deadlines
The position would be suitable for those candidates who meet the position requirements and who thrive in a performance-driven environment that emphasizes employee leadership and accountability for delivering results.
At Brookfield, we care about your privacy and strive to protect Applicant Data throughout the recruitment process. To that end, information that we gather from applicants via job postings, is used solely for the purposes of recruiting and hiring. For more details, we encourage applicants to read Brookfield's Applicant Data Protection and Privacy Notice, found on our website:
Powered by JazzHR