Our family of 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better great experiences, families, communities, and our employees.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent! We currently have an opportunity for a Business Analyst to join the Business Partnership team in our Technology department, based out of our office in Stellarton, NS.
What you'll get to do in this fast-paced role:
- Act as a liaison across all functional areas of the business, creating and maintaining strong business partnerships with key stakeholders
- Perform business analysis of all assigned work requests, including documenting the as-is and to-be, eliciting requirements, facilitating the design process, and tracing requirements through the development and testing phases.
- Facilitate sessions to elicit requirements by identifying all stakeholders, preparing the appropriate material, reviewing scope, and identifying key assumptions
- Playback of requirement documents to stakeholders to reach consensus and sign off
- Work with developers and solution architects to document designs, ensuring 100% requirement coverage of recommended solutions.
- Prepare and perform playback sessions of work in progress to various stakeholders for early feedback, ensuring requirement coverage.
- Participate in release planning sessions and prepare release packages and release notes to be distributed to testing and deployment teams.
- Contribute to the acceptance of applications and application enhancements via a formal testing process
- Help train support staff to transition the support of new application functionality
- Triage production defects and provide detailed analysis to hand off to developers for resolution
- Take part in continuous improvement activities aimed at identifying and executing on opportunities for new and more efficient ways of performing work tasks
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams within both IT and the business
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or Business
- 3-5 years of work experience, with a broad range of exposure to various business segments
- Strong business acumen, strategic thinking and planning
- Proven ability to create and present detailed documents
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Retail experience is preferred
- Technical skills such as Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint are an asset
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.