Wave propels brave entrepreneurs who pursue their dreams and drive the world's economy by providing the tools and support their need to easily understand and manage their finances. As an award-winning product and company, and one of the fastest growing financial services software, we are unwavering in our commitment to support our hundreds of thousands active monthly businesses from 200+ countries around the world, and in our commitment to grow and develop our people. We are on a mission to change the lives of entrepreneurs across the globe.
About the Team:
We are a digitally savvy, diverse and smart group of professionals purposefully focused on spreading the word of all that Wave offers. We laugh a lot. We play with dogs. We believe using data coupled with intuition and human insights helps us craft better content and branded experiences. Our goal is to inspire, educate and empower brave entrepreneurs to take positive action in managing their business finances.
About the Role:
You'll engage with audiences in the right way; one that makes sense for them. You are energized by meeting people and telling our story
- to the press, at a conference, at a meet up, through social
- and understand that customers, investors, stakeholders, and even candidates can come from a lot of places. You're able to determine where to make the best impact, and where our message resonates most. You'll be responsible for amplifying Wave's message to internal and external audiences and know why it's important to them, too. You'll cover product releases, cultural engagements, and even investor info
Here's how you will make an impact:
- You'll be the go-to PR subject matter expert for Wave in the US and Canada
- lucky you!
- As the PR SME, we're looking for you to create and implement PR strategies from the ground up, with the goal of gaining share of voice across North America.
- Collaborating with our parent company (H&R Block) to manage an external PR agency, ensuring we're on strategy, on time, and on budget!
- As the voice of PR at Wave, you'll be partnering with Wavers across the business (content, marketing, business leads and social media teams), and working together to be sure Consumer PR is represented within all integrated marketing communication initiatives.
- Develop measurement metrics and best practice benchmarks, and then report on them.
We need your help to:
- Develop and implement a strategic, proactive, year-long editorial calendar of stories and subsequent pitches; staying on top of trends in small businesses and financial services should help inform your strategy
- Research, write and distribute press releases; manage inquiries from media, potential partners and other organizations
- Develop and oversee photo or video opportunities, podcasts, bloggers and influencers
- Source and manage speaking and other profile-building opportunities for our E-Team
- Ensure consistency of company-wide communication, share worldwide best practices, and support impactful regional media strategies
- Provide strategic recommendations to senior business leaders
The Bare Necessities:
- Bachelor's degree required, a post graduate degree or diploma in communications is preferred
- 10+ years of experience in Public Relations, preferably in B2B or Financial Services
- Experience navigating the SMB media landscape across North America
- you should know who's who, and what's what!
- Be able to build relationships internally and externally across all levels; establishing credibility as a PR SME whoever you're with.
- Your strategic mindset and strong connection to the business help you navigate ambiguity and complexity, without sacrificing what's important
These will help you thrive:
- Excellent judgement (especially, when under pressure). PR is constantly evolving and the ability to work at internet speed, in narrow timelines, without sacrificing attention to detail, is important as a fast-paced company.
- An ability to craft creative, effective strategies for difficult communications challenges. We're willing to try new things, and you are, too!
- An understanding of how important relationships are. Whether it be internally with our E-Team, with our HRB partners, a PR agency, or with the media
- you value those relationships and work with them in a proactive way.
- A passion for Entrepreneurship
- given the nature of our business, this is important!
- Adaptability; this is important because we're a tight-knit team and don't shy away from lending a hand or switching gears. When something needs to get done, we get it done. You won't hear ?that's not my job? around here!
At Wave, we have an unwavering commitment to growing our people personally and professionally, and we make a serious investment in each employee's health and wellness. Through skills training, mentorship, leadership programs, monthly mindshares, and education allowances, we foster continuous learning and development. Our extensive health benefits plan combined with flex health funds, employee assistance plan, wellness classes, and extensive time off allow our employees to stay healthy and care for themselves and their families while doing their best work.
We are different from other companies in many ways, first and foremost by our culture. We are not perfect by any means. We can all get better and as a company we strive with uncompromising integrity to be better every day. But we have an unwavering belief that a diverse and inclusive culture is a priority for a winning team. We embrace our differences, value individuality, and respect the broad spectrum of skills and abilities of every Waver. We challenge ourselves and each other from a place of respect and pursuit for growth. We trust each other and give each other permission to speak our minds. Everyone has a voice and opinions are respected.
Our culture is reflected in a stellar Glassdoor rating. We've been continuously recognized as one of Canada's Top Ten Most Admired Corporate Cultures and one of Canada's Great Places to Work in various categories including Technology, Millennials, Mental Health, Inclusion and Women for years. Our people are incredibly talented and the key to our success, so we admire and respect each and every one greatly.
Are you ready to be a Waver? Join us!