- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in a business, media, or non-profit environment.
- 5 years of experience in policy/corporate communications.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion, while operating in ambiguous settings.
- Ability to work with colleagues in different countries and understand cultural differences.
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced environments, as well as ability to escalate appropriately.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
ABOUT THE JOB
As a member of the Global Communications and Public Affairs team, you will work cross-functionally to help communicate with journalists and other thought leaders; devise specific communications materials and campaigns; engage in face-to-face meetings with commentators and other opinion formers; and develop print and web-based material supporting these campaigns. We're looking for great communicators who can understand complex issues and explain them in person and also via well written, simple blog posts, FAQs, video scripts and more.
As a Corporate Communications Manager for Google Canada, you will work cross-functionally with sales, marketing, policy, engineering and product teams to communicate the wider Google Canada narrative to media. The Canada external Communications team mission is to showcase how Google helps Canadian businesses and Canadian culture through our various platforms. Your role will be to work closely with our Government Affairs team to ensure our external communications support policy and business objectives. To be successful in this team, you will need to collaborate across teams and embrace change.
We help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders-and our own employees-about the benefits of Google's products, our distinctive company culture/values and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. You are quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious. To succeed in this role, you are willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. Things happen quickly at Google, and to do great work, you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across PR, comms, marketing, product and beyond.
- Be responsible for corporate and policy communications activities for Google in Canada.
- Work closely with the Head of Canada Communications to develop corporate communications plans to support the business.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product, Sales, Marketing, and Partnership teams to align consumer and product areas to our corporate narrative.
- Maintain and develop close, productive relationships with journalists, social influencers, and our key partners in Canada.
- Develop word-perfect written materials, including story pitches, messaging documents, press releases, Q&As, presentations, and speeches.Train and provide advice to company officials for press conferences, media interviews, and trade presentations.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.