Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
About Nokia Software
Nokia Software is the leading solutions provider in the telecoms software market helping to drive large-scale service and network operations automation and digital business transformation in support of customer migrations to 5G. Built on Nokia's cloud-native Common Software Foundation (CSF), Nokia's multi-vendor and multi-network software solutions enrich and secure user experiences; automate operations and infrastructure; and enable new revenue streams and cost efficiencies.
The Communication Specialist is responsible for effective communications among Nokia's employees with the target of sharing information within the organisation for business purposes. Supports employee engagement and productivity through transparency and helps with promoting and implementing the NSW Applications Services & Care communication strategy, by ensuring and making available relevant and updated information that is easy to find.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
- Researches media coverage and industry trends.
- Copyedits, proofreads, and revises communications.
- Prepares agendas and conducts research.
- Autonomously performs tasks with a moderate level of guidance and within guidelines and policies.
- Analyses factual information and possible solutions, makes independent judgments, decisions and recommendations and solves a range of straightforward problems through knowledge and professional experience.
- Supports transfer of concepts for professional direction of own organisational unit into actionable measures.
- Maintains and updates SharePoint sites
- Consolidates content and provides platforms and tools to improve collaboration and communication among team members in the organization
- SharePoint skills
- Excel skills
- PowerPoint skills
- MS Apps knowledge, such as Forms, Project Planner, etc.
- Communication experience
- Degree related with Business.
- Experience with Power BI
What's in it for you?
- 1 on 1 mentorship with an experienced Engineer/ Professional.
- Competitive salary and benefits (on site gym).
- If you are relocating from a college or university that is outside of Ottawa, we will provide you with a relocation bonus (if applicable)
- Work balance and inclusive company culture.
Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage women, aboriginal persons, persons with a disability or members of a visible minority group to apply.