Job ID: 183341
Location Name: ON-FSC Toronto Off (0581)
Address: 5560 Explorer Drive, 2nd Floor, Toronto, ON L4W 5M3, Canada (CA)
Job Type: Full Time
Position Type (Regular/Temporary): Regular
Job Function: Marketing
Our Graphic Designer plays a key role to Sephora Canada and is responsible for supporting the creative design and execution needs for the Canadian team, reporting directly to the Art Director. In this role you will be accountable for developing and delivering SEPHORA brand client-facing
creative concepts and assets that will support multiple campaigns and social content as well as internal creative collateral requirements. You will drive executional excellence through collaboration with multiple internal partners/project leads as well as external agency partners and
ROLE & RESPONSIBILIES:
- Partners and collaborates with creative agency, external freelancers and internal design team to develop and execute local marketing activations including media campaign support, dot.ca support (email, site), brand launch support, print collateral, experiential event support, PR collateral.
- Partners with internal design team to develop and execute visual retail assets including: instore presentation and event materials, collateral, endcaps & fixtures; ad hoc marketing materials for store programs.
- Delivers creative assets that are on-strategy based on creative brief expectations; Supports Art Director in coordinated efforts to deliver creative assets required.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, proactively managing timelines and partners ensuring deliverables are achieved on-time while maintaining highest quality of designs.
- Championing our brand standards and tone of voice through integrated communication channel creative assets across multiple strategic initiatives and projects.
- Participates in brainstorming, creative synthesis for projects and design reviews.
- Proactively manages vendor relationships, identifying opportunities for efficiencies in production.
- Keep abreast of most current design processing techniques, and in design trends and software technologies to push SEPHORA to the forefront of innovation.
- Works with external Photographers & Production Agencies to develop and produce photoshoots for a variety of projects and campaigns
- Continuously improves and aids in project process and work flow efficiency
- Stays at the forefront of industry trends in the beauty, retail environment, design and social engagement.
- 3+ years of design experience in retail and or internal creative agency strongly sought. Beauty experience is an asset.
- Keen design eye with the desire and ability to explode a concept across multiple channels and vehicles for an immersive client experience.
- Proficiency and expertise across design software including but not limited to Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Adobe After Effects)
- Experience working with Basecamp, Proof HQ and other similar agency software is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with strong relationship management skills.
- Collaborative approach to engage with a wide variety of team members, agency partners and disciplines to develop work, and to gain internal and external partner alignment at a variety of levels.
- Excellent graphic design skills
- extremely proficient in areas including but not limited to layout, typography, retouching, to deliver in-store and internal communication collateral.
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands
- including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora's curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world's premier digital beauty destination.