Malahat Sky Walk Marketing and Guest Experience Manager
If you are excited about being part of the team building BC's newest and first of its kind tourism experience then keep reading. The Malahat Sky Walk is an exciting new tourism project on Southern Vancouver Island. The experience includes a Welcome Centre, a 650 metre accessible treetop walk through beautiful coastal forest leading to a spectacular spiral ramp that takes you up 40 metres to a sightseeing lookout offering unparalleled views of southern Vancouver Island. The Malahat Sky Walk experience will provide a stunning new perspective on beautiful southern Vancouver Island and will be the newest must do activity in BC.
- This is a multi-faceted role that will manage all aspects of the Marketing, Sales and Guest Service departments.
- We are looking for the candidate that understands what is involved in building and launching a new tourism business.
- You act locally, but think globally
- You understand the importance of a wide range of markets
- You are totally committed to what goes into leading and motivating a team to opening day and beyond.
- You understand the importance of partnerships and have experience with tourism DMO's and tour operators
- Create and execute the Marketing and Sales Plan for Malahat Sky Walk
- Develop the Marketing, Sales and Guest Service operating budget
- Manage and lead the marketing, sales, and guest services teams
- Lead the implementation our new ticket software
- Work with the senior team to develop our sales and pricing strategy
- Attend and participate in required external trade shows, presentations and networking events that establish Malahat Sky Walk as a tourism leader in British Columbia
- Ensure our sales tactics and pricing strategies are achieving success based on predetermined targets/metrics
- Intimate understanding of traditional and emerging markets and sales channels
- Measure, analyze and report performance of marketing campaigns
- Ensure all marketing material is in line with our brand identity.
- Deploy successful marketing campaigns from concept to execution.
- Lead the digital marketing strategy-content creation, pay per click campaigns, publicity, social media, lead generation campaigns, copywriting, performance analysis
- Produce valuable and engaging content for our website and blog that attracts and converts our target groups
- Build strategic relationships with key industry players, agencies, and vendors
- Ensure we are part of the local community
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges
- Salary (commensurate with experience)
- Performance incentive
- Extended Health Benefits
JOB REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS :
- Post Secondary Degree
- 5-10 years of experience in the tourism industry in a leadership role
- Microsoft Office
- Experience with Galaxy Software Systems (beneficial, but not required)
- Proven Budgeting Experience
- Proven experience in ticket software set up
- Proven experience in identifying target audiences and in creating, devising and leading across multi sales and marketing channels with proven conversion success
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, WebTrends)
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Up to date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
**We thank you for your interest in Malahat Sky Walk, however only qualified candidates will be contacted