Bring your creativity and passion for storytelling to Fraser Health's Public Affairs team and help one of Canada's largest and fastest-growing health authorities share our stories with our internal and external audiences!
As a Consultant, Communications, you will support the content-creation group within the Public Affairs team to research potential storytelling opportunities and help create robust communications strategies to share the innovative, exciting work that Fraser Health is leading in our region.
Working within a fast-paced, exciting environment, you will build relationships with your colleagues throughout the organization to create pathways to information and source stories worth sharing across Fraser Health's platforms as well as with our media and government stakeholders.
We are seeking a highly-motivated communications professional with a strong writing background, keen interest in research, and eye for detail who excels as part of a team but can also get down to business independently. If you have a passion for storytelling, are a natural self-starter, and like nothing more than learning something new every day, this role is for you!
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE AS YOU:
- Help cultivate our digital presence through digital storytelling, interactive communications and relationship building.
- Thrive in a lively environment with multiple tasks, deadlines and projects.
- Attend meetings and visit health care locations across the region to research proactive storytelling opportunities.
- Write and write well.
- Develop and implement communication plans.
- Research and provide recommendations around communications tactics and tools.
- Provide measurement and analysis for communications efforts.
- Write content for distribution through appropriate digital channels to promote awareness and understanding of Fraser Health's services and programs.
SOME OF YOUR SKILLS INCLUDE:
- Knowledge of the health care system in British Columbia is an asset
- Demonstrated, high-quality writing across multiple media types (including writing and editing for web)
- Experience consulting with clients about complex content
- Experience in digital strategy, user experience and content development
- Experience in writing and formatting content for a variety of traditional and digital channels
- Expertise in crafting a compelling user experience across multiple digital channels
ARE YOU MOTIVATED TO JOIN US? REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing or a related field
- Three (3) to five (5) years' recent, related experience in communications
This full time position is based at our Central City offices in Surrey, BC , with access to rapid transit, shopping, restaurants, on-site gym and other amenities.
If this sounds like the excellent role for you, here are more reasons why you should apply:
- A career that offers you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with health care providers who are excellent in their respective fields.
- Fantastic opportunities for support and management roles are available as you advance within the organization.
- Competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
- A chance to create a difference every day in the world of health care.
Fraser Health is one of Canada's largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 26,000 employees, 2,900 physicians and nearly 6,000 volunteers, we serve more than 1.8 million people
- over one third of the entire population in British Columbia.
We value diversity in the work force and seek to maintain an environment of respect, caring and trust.
Find out what it's like to work here. Like us on Facebook (@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram (@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights!