Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
Job Level NV-08
As a business strategy advisor in the Marketing Strategy department for the Ontario, Atlantic and Western Regions, you help develop plans and business intelligence; monitor business plans and performance; set targets; identify opportunities to improve service delivery; and design and deliver business strategies and solutions aligned with the business architecture of various initiatives, including the organizational transformation and shift.
You advise and assist clients and partners and develop tools, methods and processes. Your projects and initiatives require extensive knowledge of your line of work.
You propose recommendations, solutions and action plans based on the organization's objectives and priorities. You share ideas and help solve problems using your analytical skills and extensive knowledge of the line of business. You interact with stakeholders working in other fields. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.
You have the ability
- to perform qualitative and quantitative analysis, including both technical competency and attention to detail/quality;
- to communicate in a structured way to a senior executive audience;
- to work with, influence, and build trust with diverse stakeholders: marketing team members, technical and subject matter experts, front-line team members, senior decision-makers, and others as required.
- Perform detailed analyses to develop credible, fact-based data sets and support the recommendation of the best marketing strategy to adopt in accordance with the corporate strategies of the company, budget and timelines.
- Collaborate in the interpretation of marketing strategy issues based on business needs and context, and perform insightful and high-quality quantitative and qualitative analyses, both historical and forward-looking.
- Effectively and succinctly articulate complex ideas verbally, in written form and with slides/charts.
- Coordinate his/her work with representatives of other company departments or partners, in the design and delivery of marketing strategies to ensure client needs and corporate objectives are met.
- Keep abreast of key trends in technology, business practices and consumer behavior.
REPORTS TO : Director, Marketing Strategy
Other working conditions
- Work place : Toronto or Montreal, depending on the preference of the person selected
- Applications should contain a succinct resume and cover letter, as well as a recent academic transcript
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor's degree in business
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience
- MBA or Master's degree (an asset)
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
An advanced level of English and French proficiency required
Desjardins Cross-sector skills Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job Ambiguity, Complexity, Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy
Work Location 95 St-Clair Avenue West Toronto
Trade Union Non Syndiqué
Unposting Date 2020-08-3
Job Family Administration (FG)