Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
As a global leader in diabetes care, Abbott is constantly working to deliver the highest quality products and unwavering support to our customers. Through a steadfast commitment to research, technology and state-of-the-art manufacturing, Abbott has developed a diverse portfolio of breakthrough diabetes products designed to meet the needs of each unique patient.
Status: Regular, Full Time
The Communications Manager is responsible for developing and implementing multi-stakeholder communications activities relating to Abbott's brands, strategic priorities and the products within the Diabetes Care Division.
- Develop multi-stakeholder brand communications and overall patient strategy with cross functional objectives. Manage communication programmes through the design and implementation of detailed activity plans to support tactics for diabetes community.
- Lead communication initiatives representing Abbott's Diabetes Care division with the bloggers, Patient Ambassadors, high profile individuals, and patient advocacy groups.
- Support internal communications relating to division and brand.
- Proactively identify opportunities for the brands.
- Oversee the development of authored-led features/advertorials.
- Assist in the development of brand key messages/stories and other communications materials for use by PA.
- Play an active role within the FreeStyle marketing team and identify opportunities to work collaboratively with cross-functional colleagues to deliver on brand objectives, including communication elements of marketing team, providing input/insight on trends and opportunities during preparation of the brand plan.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Communication, Journalism or Public Relations. A Master's degree in Communication, Public Relations or Public Health is an asset.
- Three to five years of experience in customer facing within the healthcare and/or medical device industry
- Communication experience including working with marketing/advertising, PR, creative agencies.
- Experience working with MS Office.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to influence and drive forward change.
Join Our Talent Community to learn about upcoming job opportunities or connect with us at Abbott Canada, on LinkedIn, on Facebook and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @Abbott Global.