West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company, listed on the TSX and recognized for the seventh time, as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers. Are you interested in working for a company that offers a rewarding and challenging career path? Our Corporate Sales Team located in Quesnel, BC has an opportunity for a:
SALES & MARKETING REPRESENTATIVE
As the Sales and Marketing Representative, you will collaborate with a fast paced, group responsible for the sales and marketing between multiple mill locations and customers. This is a great opportunity if you are interested in starting a career in sales with a large, reputable, Canadian company.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Achieve sales targets and minimize inventory.
- Work to develop programs.
- Establishing a high level of communication and working relationships with various departments.
- Working with mill personnel to forecast production and problem solve.
- Develop and implement sales strategies that maximize margins.
- Understand customer needs and develop relationships and programs to meet those needs.
- Identify and analyze market trends to develop new accounts.
- Monitoring order flow between mills and the transportation team to ensure all orders are shipped on time.
- Provide feedback on freight and market trends.
- Work closely with various departments including coordinators, traffic, and mill shipping to ensure accurate and efficient delivery of wood products for our customers.
AS THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE, YOU MUST HAVE:
- A degree in Commerce, Forestry, or relevant experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a customer service focus.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Organization skills while demonstrating a high level of initiative.
- The ability to perform in a team environment is essential.
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. As the successful candidate, you should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. is one of the leading integrated forest products companies in North America, with annual sales of $5 billion dollars. West Fraser has diversified products such as lumber, plywood, laminated veneer lumber, MDF, and pulp operations across Canada and the US. We believe that people are our most valuable asset and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development.
Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 permanent residents and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn't take long to feel part of Quesnel's welcoming community.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply today in confidence, submitting your resume and cover letter by September 4, 2020 to: www.westfraser.com/jobs.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.