BigSteelBox - Canada’s leading provider of portable storage solutions is looking for an Inside Sales Representative (Storage Consultant) for our Kelowna Landmark 6 based Contact Center. Are you a helper? Many of our customers are going through challenging situations, and we’re here to minimize the stress they experience with moving and storage. One of the ways we do this an organization is to focus on creating a supportive service-oriented culture. “We Love our Family” is one of our core values, and it epitomizes how we feel about everyone on our team. As a key customer contact, we’ll help you deliver an exceptional customer experience. If anything ever goes wrong, your colleagues will be there to help, and BigSteelBox will have your back. That may sound too good to be true, but that’s how we roll. You’ll be super successful in this role if you can empathize with our customers and have fun with your co-workers. “We Have Fun” is another one of our core values, so that’s another mandatory at BigSteelBox. We take our responsibilities seriously, but we love to laugh, and we want everyone to have a smile on their face at the end of the day! Doesn’t that sound like an awesome way to live your life? Starting as soon as possible, the position offers a competitive base salary, a commission program, and in lieu of benefits will be provided after 3 months.
The role will be scheduled on a weekly basis with shifts which may include weekends and shifts between 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. Overtime may be required from time to time. Working under the supervision of the Contact Center Manager, the Inside Sales Representative (Storage Consultant) will provide knowledgeable, professional advice about BigSteelBox products and services to help customers with their storage needs.
They will be required to achieve business targets through excellent telephone sales and communications skills; generating revenue through the creation of rental leads; initiation of prospect calls; and establishment of ongoing rapport with existing and potential customers to maintain optimal relationships. With a network of locations across Canada, BigSteelBox services both residential and commercial customers. The company has three dynamic business streams – residential moving and storage; construction and commercial storage; and structures (workforce housing and modifications for industrial use). BigSteelBox has its corporate support office in Kelowna, BC and has 18 full service locations across Canada.
Go ahead and apply. It could be the best decision you’ll make today!
THE EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum Education: Grade 12
- Two or more years of direct work experience in sales/inside sales is an asset
- Excellent Computer/Communication skills: Phone, Email, Outlook, Word, & Excel
WHAT YOUR PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE:
- Ensures their work practices and interactions are aligned with and promote the corporate values at all times.
- Adheres to and defends the company's health and safety program, strengthening the safety culture in the workplace.
- Provide expert storage advice, quotes and information
- Convert quotes to closed deals through the application of the BigSteelBox sales process
- Give exemplary customer service to clients, drivers & suppliers
- Close sales and achieve monthly and quarterly sales quotas
- Nurture relationships with existing clients
- Provide timely follow-up of all phone calls & online inquiries
- Attend and participate monthly sales meetings
- Attend weekly sales coaching meetings
- Assist in all other store/Contact Center related duties as required
- Coordinate deliveries, pickups, & moves of BigSteelBoxes
- Participate and complete BSB University educational courses
- Maintain & file accurate paperwork, records, & reports
- Maintain office space in an efficient & clean manner
- Provide support to our yard supervisor/dispatch admin as needed (store roles only).
- Remain knowledgeable about BigSteelBox products and services
- Demonstrate a positive work ethic, attitude & professional image to all
REQUIRED SKILLS/CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Takes personal ownership and responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work
- Adapts and responds to changing conditions, priorities, technologies and requirements
- Analytical Thinking
- Applies systematic, logical reasoning when addressing problems
- Expresses and transmits information verbally and written, with consistency and clarity.
- Decision Making
- Makes concrete, well-informed and thought out decisions that support the overall organization.
- Networking and Relationship Building
- Effectively builds constructive, friendly, professional relationships with customers and colleagues
- Planning and Organizing
- Accurately estimates duration and level of difficulty of tasks and projects, setting out goals and objectives and work plans to complete.
- Problem Solving
- Uses logic and analytical methods to come to realistic solution.
- Results Orientation
- Possesses the ability to focus on desired outcomes, and the means by which they are achieved,
- Service Orientation
- Provides superior service to both internal and external customers.
- Works cooperatively and effectively with others to reach a common goal. Participates actively in group activities fostering a team environment.