The Brenda Strafford Centre serves women and children impacted by family violence through provision of safe second stage shelter and progressive housing complimented by comprehensive, wrap around support services for its residents so that they can reach their full potential for independent living on their departure from the Centre.
As a growing organization with a bold and innovative strategic direction, The Brenda Strafford Centre offers a dynamic work environment for talented individuals seeking an opportunity to be part of creating positive futures for the women and children we serve. We bring a collegial and collaborative approach to our work and offer competitive compensation, generous benefits, and opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth. If you are interested in lending your talents to our important mission we are currently seeking a creative, dedicated, and high energy Communications and Marketing Coordinator.
This is a full-time permanent position working out of our Shelter and Housing Centre in Calgary.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This full-time position reports to the Manager, Resource Development. The roles and responsibilities of the Communications and Marketing Coordinator include:
- research, develop, implement and lead marketing and communication strategies and plans that enhance the profile and brand of the Brenda Strafford Centre and tell our story in a meaningful way;
- deliver products across the spectrum of BSC's marketing and communications needs contributing both creative and a technical expertise
- oversee content development across a range of media including social media, website, radio, TV, and other forums as required;
- support BSC Teams across the organization with promotion and communications needs;
- develop and monitor the annual communications budgets according to established timelines;
- develop, implement, monitor recognition and stewardship strategies and plans for various stakeholder groups in conjunction with the Manager, Resource Development and the Executive Director;
- ensure marketing and communications activities are being completed in an efficient and timely manner;
- work closely with the Coordinator, Volunteers and Events to plan, resource, and execute on special events that support and profile BSC
- manage a portfolio of key relationships internally and externally;
- work closely with the Leadership Team and external consultants to achieve excellence and impact through our strategic marketing and communications activities
- ensure media relationships are maintained including building and maintaining a media database, media monitoring and reporting;
- track and report on analytics results from various platforms;
- ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of an undergraduate Degree in Communications or related discipline
- 3-5 years experience working in the field of marketing, communications and/or events, or combination of related expertise and education
- Well-developed and effective technical communication skills (writing, editing, design)
- Ability to work with diverse partners, stakeholders and clients
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to work as part of a team, adapt to changing needs and dynamics, and support collaborative strategies throughout all interpersonal interactions.
- Extensive knowledge of the community, local media, and forums for sharing stories of impact and innovation
- A high degree of creativity
- Comfortable with leading and managing projects from conception to implementation
- Flexible availability and willingness to adapt schedule to needs
- Strong professionalism and a commitment to excellence
To apply, email your resumé and cover letter to Linda McLean, Executive Director at via Isarta with Communications and Marketing Coordinator in the subject line: by 4:30p August 24, 2020. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.