Finance Business Partner is responsible and accountable for providing financial and management expertise to direct operating decisions that achieve SHA's goals and objectives. The incumbents perform a dual role. First, they serve as the lead financial resource for the Vice President(s), Executive Directors, Directors, and Managers of the assigned Portfolio(s) by monitoring and overseeing the financial operations and processes to drive resource allocation decisions of senior management. They will be responsible for ensuring prompt, relevant and accurate day to day advice, guidance, education, and direction with respect to all resource management matters. Second, as a member of the Financial Services team, the Finance Business Partner will provide timely and accurate financial reports and will direct the preparation, implementation and maintenance of operating and capital equipment budgets. They will participate in Financial Services strategic planning and goal setting and will take the lead in responding to external requests for information as it relates to the assigned Portfolio(s). The Finance Business Partner will partner with Ministry of Health and other Region officials in planning sessions and use the knowledge gained to inform business operation and prioritization decisions.
- Undergraduate degree/diploma in Accounting, Finance, or Business with Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or equivalent combination and experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Leadership skills
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Access)
- Demonstrated ability to direct and facilitate change.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to work in a high stress environment
- Working knowledge financial management practices and generally accepted accounting principles
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple tasks and exercises exemplary organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Systems thinker, highly flexible, creative and self-directed.
Expected Start Date: September 1, 2020
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.