Since 1995, The Answer Company has been helping organizations answer questions about investments in technology and information systems. As both a Sage and Acumatica ERP partner, the entire team offers thought leadership & expertise on both solutions to a wide array of industries. With offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg and Toronto, The Answer Company's goal is to make companies more successful at what they do and gain the confidence to make profitable moves in their respective industries.
We are currently seeking a Market Development Manager in our New Westminster office. The Market Development Manager will interface primarily with Sales, Marketing, and Business Development. The Market Development Manager is responsible for representing The Answer Company in a positive light to increase brand awareness and sales resulting in increased business results. Having a strong understanding of the company's vision and functions, the Market Development Manager efficiently utilizes promotional strategies to strengthen the customer-product-service relationship and forms strategic alliances that are focused on enhancing and elevating the company brand and strengthening its market position.
If you are a highly people-oriented individual with focus and initiative who is constantly expanding their network while dealing professionally with numerous people, both internal and external, then we want you on our team.
CHECK US OUT IF YOU:
- Want to join one of the best professional services firm in Vancouver;
- Be part of a dynamic team of industry experts that are committed to serving our customers through collaboration and innovation;
- Enjoy an awesome company culture with friendly co-workers that focus on success for the entire team;
- Are interested in working at an outstanding location that offers comfortable working conditions and a casual environment;
- Are looking for a competitive compensation structure.
- We have strategic relationships with the best industry manufacturers, vendors and distributors. We will provide you with the tools, products, services and training required to do a high quality job for our customers.
- Develop a strong understanding of the company's vision and values;
- Thoroughly understand the company's products and services to inform potential customers;
- Plan and implement promotional strategies to build brand awareness;
- Post about company products/services online (e.g. social media and forums);
- Create, share and respond to online reviews;
- Participate in trade shows as a spokesperson for the company;
- Network and build trusting relationships with potential customers;
- Monitor online comments and respond or forward to the Marketing department;
- Assist in developing and executing marketing and business development plans;
- Assist in organizing marketing events;
- Gain an understanding of how to increase customer referrals;
- Track and report on competitors' marketing activities;
- Build and sustain business relationships with key vendors and business partners;
- Establish and maintain business relationships with associations, the local trade community, vendors, and distributors;
- Responsible for public relations strategy and engagement, including writing and posting press releases if required;
- Assist Marketing where required with maintaining company's social media profiles and presence on all relevant social media platforms;
- Assist with all aspects of executing marketing events, trade shows, customer events, content and partner sessions;
- Represent the company at seminars, conferences, and any other event where it is relevant to present the brand and its products/services;
- Contact current clients to keep them posted on new developments, offers, and improvements;
- Responding to customer feedback and handling complaints, if any;
- Share customer feedback with the company in order to improve products and services;
- Acting as a liaison between the Sales department and vendor representatives;
- Participate in weekly meetings with Sales, Marketing and Business Development when required.
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Business, Business Administration, Marketing or related field;
- Proven work experience as a Market Development Manager or similar role;
- Experience with a technology or software company would be considered an asset;
- An active connector who is constantly expanding network through community involvement and other opportunities to build rapport with new contacts;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with stakeholders at all levels;
- Strong customer skills in order to anticipate customers' needs so as to create customized strategies to interact with them;
- Professional attitude and excellent public speaking skills;
- A friendly and engaging personality in order to foster and maintain positive client relationships;
- A demonstrated team player;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to multi-task and to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
Join The Answer Company team today! We offer competitive salaries and benefits to bring in the best and brightest and provide on-going training to continue your development.
Our company culture is also dedicated to community service and we would be happy to help you support the causes you care about. The Answer Company celebrates our employees and creates a fun and engaging work environment with the opportunity for long term growth.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.