The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions in Winnipeg and other locations across Manitoba and will remain in effect for 12 months. This competition may be used to appoint successful candidate(s) to current and future regular, term or acting status appointments subject to staffing approval.
If you are looking for a rewarding and exciting career, this is a great opportunity to join our team. We have a comprehensive benefits package which includes extended health, health spending, dental, vision, long term disability, supportive employment, maternity and parental leave, a defined pension plan, relocation costs as applicable, training, educational support and career development opportunities, among others. To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Post-secondary education in business administration, economics, statistics or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered
- Experience in demand planning including gathering and analyzing data to forecast demand
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high degree of political acumen
- Strong written communication skills with experience producing written material for a variety of audiences
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively deliver presentations to a variety of audiences
- Understanding of the competitive procurement cycle, including category management, tendering, evaluation, selection, contract award and contract management
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail and consistency, with ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Effective time management and demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
Reporting to the Manager, Client Services, the Procurement Business Partner is responsible for coordinating demand plans for procurement in collaboration with designated departments; ensuring timely alignment of demand plans between Category Branches and Centre of Excellence to achieve procurement objectives; providing demand planning reports to management based on quantitative analysis and research including risks and benefits; and training and supporting designated departments on creating demand plans and using the demand planning tool.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under ?Apply to? to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Click here to access the application form.
Advertisement # 36541
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.