Who is eHealth Saskatchewan?
eHealth Saskatchewan is a Treasury Board Crown Corporation with the mandate to lead Saskatchewan Electronic Health Record (EHR) planning and strategy for the Province of Saskatchewan as well as the administration of the Vital Statistics Registry and Health Service Registration for the Province. Our vision is ?Empowering patients, and enable care? with a mission to get the electronic information into the hands of patients and their healthcare team. This would electronically connect the different streams of healthcare so patient information flows between healthcare providers and the patient.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Director, Information and Analytic Services, the Business Planner oversees the strategic planning process for all things data related. This position works with internal and external teams across the province to ensure the services we provide fit with the overall strategic direction of eHealth and meet or exceed business requirements. This position facilitates the development of strategies, plans, roadmaps and business cases in collaboration with eHealth and its partners.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Strategic planning and coordination of long-term department vision, including managing all aspects of the planning cycle, including feasibility evaluations, analysis, strategic use of human resources, and budget preparation.
- Research and assessment of items such as tools and infrastructure to provide decision support
- Coordination of project, priorities and deliverables across the I&AS teams
- Understanding of interdependencies across our department and how to best align work and resources in conjunction with eHealth and health system priorities
- Creating and packaging documentation, presentations, information and decision items for various audiences
- Coordination and support for business process improvement initiatives
- Coordination of the development and implementation of metrics and KPI's for department
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
The successful applicant will have a mix of a strategic mindset and operational experience. They will need to be able to paint the strategic picture for those around them, while understanding the operational nuances that drive the business. Curiosity, and the ability to learn new subjects and apply them into practice will also be critical as the data landscape is rapidly changing.
Specific qualities are as follows:
- Able to communicate complex issues in an effective manner to all levels in the organization, such as senior leaders, clinicians, frontline staff, etc;
- Strong planning, conceptual, analytical, research and project management skills;
- A strong understanding of budgets and business case financials;
- Able to navigate and build strong relationships in a large, complex multi-enterprise environment that includes customers with difficult and/or competing needs;
- A strong leader who empowers those around them to excel;
- Ability to integrate objectives, industry trends, technology impacts, product benefits, stakeholder perception, and technology issues to provide leadership on establishing strategic long term direction
- A change agent and is not threatened or intimidated by change and uncertainty;
- Able to function in a dynamic environment subject to impromptu changes in schedules and priorities;
- A team player with strong initiative who can establish personal goals and take responsibility for meeting them within defined timelines;
- A conceptual thinker with excellent communication, facilitation, leadership and consulting skills;
- Customer service focused within a shared services environment,
If this role sounds like the opportunity you've been looking for to challenge yourself, make a difference in people's lives, and showcase your abilities
- we would love to hear from you!
We are committed to workplace diversity.
Number of Openings: 1
Closing Date: Aug 31, 2020, 12:59:00 AM