- 8+ years in digital media (sales or brand management), business development, or product management
- Experience managing internal and external relationships with senior stakeholders, including successful negotiations at C-level within agencies and/or agency groups
- Working knowledge of DSPs, programmatic landscape, and premium digital video
- Demonstrated strong analytical abilities and confidence in the use of data
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutions-including sponsored, display, video, and custom ads-leverage Amazon's innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. Our ideas are executed across Amazon, IMDb, Twitch and the Amazon DSP
- always with the aim of informing and enriching the customer's experience. If you're interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you've come to the right place.
Our International Expansion program is committed to transforming the depth, scale, and reach of our Advertising offering worldwide. The environment is very fast-paced, and requires someone who is highly enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, detail-oriented, analytical, and comfortable working with multiple teams across multiple locales. Amazon is seeking an experienced digital sales or brand leader who will accelerate our International Advertising footprint with a focus on scalable programmatic and video digital media. The successful candidate will have significant scope, including driving external customer and agency engagement to launch Advertising as a net new offering in multiple countries and regions. In addition, this individual will define and deliver a comprehensive go-to-market approach that accelerates the pace of new country launches for Amazon Advertising by 5x in 2021, ultimately creating new advertising and marketing programs that can delight both our customers and advertisers alike.
Location: Toronto (preferred); New York, Seattle, or Los Angeles.
- Develop and execute a customer-led go-to-market approach for International Expansion growth with a focus on self-serve programmatic and premium video.
- Define and align a consistent sales motion for the total International Expansion program that is coordinated across premium video product and sales efforts, including shared sales and revenue goals.
- Launch Amazon Advertising ?end-to-end' into multiple new locales and regions, in collaboration with existing International Expansion go-to-market and product resources.
- Engage externally with agencies, clients, and service providers to scope solutions, partnerships, and business opportunities that result in the acceleration of Amazon's Advertising growth.
- Develop net new product and service models that impact the core value proposition of the International Expansion Ads business. Eliminate friction across the organization to accelerate time to market across multiple programs.
- Work cross-functionally to manage bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences.
- Work with business leaders from product groups to analyze market data to identify trends/opportunities, utilize network of relationships with the relevant industry to gather market intelligence, and ensure solutions include plans for metrics analysis, technical specifications, development, testing, and launch efforts.
- 12+ years experience in digital media sales, marketing, or business development
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal), including the ability to present complex topics both in person and over the phone
- A proven track record of leading and driving multiple complex business development opportunities and programs to meet business objectives and a demonstrated ability to translate strategic initiatives into detailed operation plans.
- Understanding of technical integration of ideas, and the ability to build relationships with marketing managers, sales stakeholders, dev managers, SDEs and designers.
- Demonstrated ability to operate autonomously while defining and delivering priorities amidst ambiguity Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.