Line of Service Internal Firm Services
Industry/Sector Not Applicable
- Clients & Markets
Management Level Director
JOB DESCRIPTION & SUMMARY
A career in Sales and Marketing, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to focus on positioning a distinctive PwC brand in the marketplace and drive long term revenue growth for the Firm. You'll focus on designing, developing, and implementing communication programmes and media events to promote and sell the PwC's brand and services as well as contribute to and evaluating our pricing strategies in the marketplace.
Our team is a client focused group that is responsible for positioning the PwC brand and driving long term growth. You'll work with sales and marketing teams to drive consistency in executing our client relationship, and business development strategy, as well as driving our sales framework to help deliver value on key business initiatives.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an integral part of the G&PS team, you will work closely on a day-to-day basis with Partners and Senior Managers to generate new leads and qualify opportunities.
Reporting directly to one of our G&PS Industry Leaders and working closely with industry leadership and the national sales team, you will focus on developing relationships and net new business for the G&PS practice. Your role will be as the front line senior sales executive who will facilitate, encourage and support relationship building and selling activities for the team.
As the Client Service Director, you will have numerous areas of responsibility which combine to drive the business development success.
1. Sales and revenue generation:
- Identify target clients by business needs, industry specialization and lifecycle to understand potential opportunities;
- Engage the target client by introducing relevant practice staff and proactive ideas;
- Coach practice members pre and post meetings, presentations and proposals to ensure all opportunities are realized;
- Ensure our target clients know we are passionate about their success and that our client service teams are aware of client needs.
- Key Performance Indicators
- Net new sales;
- % achievement of annual engagement margin target;
- Number and value of qualified opportunities in the sales pipeline;
2. Relationship Management:
- Establish, develop, strengthen & maintain relationships with people at all levels in our marketplace, specifically identified targets, clients and their areas of influence;
- Network in the local community to gather intelligence, strengthen relationships and identify potential opportunities.
- Key Performance Indicators
- Number of relationships developed or improved as tracked through our client relationship management tracking system;
- Breadth/ depth of relationships that the account team has within the target account;
- Number of ?touch points? or ?occasions? created to engage the client.
3. Office Business Development:
Play an active leadership role on the Ontario Public Sector team, working closely with other members of the OPS team.
- Work with local leadership to review or create target lists to drive strategic and profitable growth;
Support the targeting team (research, proposals, sales coaching, management of follow up activities and reporting);
Drive proposal activity and documentation quality;
Network with the wider firm to gather intelligence, strengthen relationships and identify other potential opportunities;
Maintain local market client and target client data for the team on our Client Relationship Management database, as well as monitor the accuracy of sales reporting;
Report at various meetings on targeting and sales funnel activity;
Be a role model with regard to building a sales culture through our Sales Relationship Management methodology.
Key Performance Indicators
Number of targets identified in the sales pipeline;
Regular sales pipeline update meetings/conference calls to ensure practice members are communicating with each other;
Team meetings to develop account strategy, discuss target client issues, create account plans, manage sales process and monitor progress;
Progress on Business Development initiatives and participation rates in our key national market surveys;
Forums and participation rates in our key national market surveys
As the successful candidate, you will have extensive experience, a high level of confidence in working with general management and a full understanding of the issues and concerns of CFOs, CEOs, CIOs, COOs and other decision makers and influencers. Your sales approach will focus on understanding client needs locally and globally. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in the G&PS Industry, and will have a general consulting sales background. Experience in selling professional services (Management Consulting, Tax, Audit) would be an advantage.
- An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work
- A minimum of 7+ years of experience in high profile relations and sales management and focused on Ontario government and public sector clients
- Undergraduate degree
- Established presence within the public sector community
- Takes ownership in maintaining existing strong relationships within Ontario and municipal governments, including ministries and agencies
- Understand OPS procurement processes and nuances of responding to and evaluating Ontario Public Sector RFP's
- Ability to collaborate within a highly matrixed and multi-line services environment
- Effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop productive, positive working relationships.
Why you'll love working for PwC
We want you to love every (if not, almost every) minute of your career, having said this, we get it. Each life stage we go through comes with a new set of priorities and demands. This is why we support you through a range of financial and non-financial rewards and benefits, so regardless of your situation, there's something for everyone.
Leading benefits for our permanent staff include:
See how you can create your future at PwC:
You can review the above text in French here
Voici comment vous pouvez créer votre avenir chez PwC: https://pwc.to/2m3KNCB
Applying to us:
We've embraced technology by using an innovative cloud-based online application platform for Administrative, Specialist, Associate and Senior Associate roles that includes on-demand video interviews. This platform provides you with a seamless, efficient and convenient application process, saving you time and giving you flexibility, and it's configured for tablets, smartphones and laptops. Please be advised that we can only conduct video interviews in English or French. All communications will be in the language that you selected during application. For Manager positions and above, we set up pre-screen phone interviews.
For more information about the application process, please click here: https://www.pwc.com/ca/en/careers/experienced-candidates/applying-at-pwc.html
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified) Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Travel Requirements Up to 40%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship? No
Government Clearance Required? No
Job Posting End Date
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
- A competitive compensation package
- Sponsored investments, pensions and saving plans with matching firm contributions
- Flexible working
- PwC FlexBenefits, for personalised medical & dental coverage, including enhanced mental health benefit
- Every day recognition and real time appreciation through our rewards and recognition program
- Dress for your day with our flexible dress environment
- Health, wellness and fitness perks
- Family-friendly benefits, including maternity and parental leave policies and support networks to help you prepare for your successful return to work
- Adoption/surrogacy benefits
- Back-up child and elder care support
- Career defining project work and international experience
- Development opportunities including learning on the job, formal learning, learning from others and access to ?Vantage? our digital learning system
- Award winning programs including ?Women in Leadership? and ?Enhanced Pursuit Program?
- A coach to help develop skills, diversify experiences and achieve career aspirations