Our Marketing Teams at Best Buy Canada are home to some of the most creative and strategic thinkers in the company. From graphic designers to writers, media analysts to the managers who bring it all together, Marketing is made up of diverse and talented people all committed to one goal: building lasting relationships with our customers.
The Marketing Automation Specialist will manage the Salesforce Marketing Cloud database hosting our subscribers behavioral and transactional data. This individual will ensure data integrity, create and manage imports and exports and write complex SQL queries to test data feed implementations and troubleshoot any potential issues. The Marketing Automation Specialist will create automations using SQL queries and will produce automated reports and dashboards in Salesforce Marketing Cloud or via other data visualization tools.
AS A MARKETING AUTOMATION SPECIALIST YOU WILL...
- Propose and implement solutions using email and marketing automation capabilities to meet business objectives
- Redesign and regularly update the data architecture to streamline process, optimize queries and automations and simplify user experience
- Complete administrative tasks such as creating users, roles, permissions, approvals, workflows, reports, dashboards; editing profiles; automating notifications and alerts; creating technical documentations and training materials
- Proactively monitor and troubleshoot any platform or data feed issues and work with internal and external teams to fix them quickly and efficiently while communicating the progress
- Analyzing internal and external system data structures and developing integration with Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Create automations to import and export data feeds from a variety of internal and external sources
- Redesign and regularly update automations to streamline process, optimize queries and automations and simplify user experience
- Assist with program set up and ongoing development, partnering with Salesforce and/or partner services on the development and delivery of solutions and technologies
- Set up new processes and practices for data integration and automations while analyzing internal/external system data structures to develop integrations with Salesforce, Web Services API and third-party integration tools
- Be responsible for the ongoing maintenance of the Sandbox, production accounts, and deploying changes to production using migration tools
- Collaborate with Marketing Data Analysts and other team members to conduct customer data analysis, data audits, data cleansing and data pulls while ensuring the integrity of data in Salesforce applications
WE HOPE YOU ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT...
- Logic and critical thinking
- be comfortable with ambiguity, have strong problem-solving skills with an ability to apply creativity to improve processes, and exercise sound judgment and effective decision making
- prior database and data analytics skills and experience are invaluable for this role
- Programmatic mind
- Continuous improvement
- creative and a learner by nature
- Communication and teamwork
- effective oral and written communication with the ability to work independently or in a team environment
THE EXPERIENCE WE NEED...
- 3+ years of experience working with customer data, ideally integrated into a CRM system or Data Warehouse environment 3+ years of experience with SQL, SQL Server and SOQL
- 2+ years of hands-on admin, development and/or business analysis experience with a major ESP such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Oracle Responsys, Silverpop, Pardot, Experian or Marketo
- 2+ years of proficiency with ESP Administrative tasks (eg. creating profiles, roles, users, page layouts, email services, approvals, workflows, reports, dashboards, tasks and events)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, agencies and corporate groups
- Diploma or Degree in Marketing, Business, Database Administration, Web Development, Computer Science or equivalent
- BI experience is considered an asset
- Certifications: Salesforce.com Certified Administrator, and/or Salesforce.com Certified Developer, Salesforce.com Certified considered assets